Dwarf Gourami Sitting On Tank Floor

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by w_johnson07, Apr 22, 2018.

1. w_johnson07Valued MemberMember

I’ve had my DG for 1 month and has been very active but I just noticed that he has been sitting in the bottom of the tank, should I be worried all of water parameters are normal

2. Iridium_2256Valued MemberMember

Thats a little too vague of a symptom, that could mean a multitude of things. Any more specific symptoms, sores, heavy breathing, off balance at all?

3. w_johnson07Valued MemberMember

No signs of visible of sores and he doesn’t seem to have heavy breathing. When he is on the tank floor he goes to the same spot and sits there and his fins don’t move.

4. Iridium_2256Valued MemberMember

Water parameters? Clamped fins are a good indicator of stress.

5. w_johnson07Valued MemberMember

0/0/10.

6. Iridium_2256Valued MemberMember

Weird. Try a multipurpose antibiotic, maybe something like furan or general cure. Clamped fins can mean a multitude of things including stress and many types of disease.

7. w_johnson07Valued MemberMember

Okay he has had white stringy poop which is a symptom of parasites and he also has a cory cat in there which could maybe be stressing him out. I am still undecided if I should take him back to the store or not. There is also a chance he is starving as I have been gone a little while since I have gotten him and he has not eaten.

8. Iridium_2256Valued MemberMember

Fish can survive up to 3 weeks without food. I would try to treat him with something that combats roundworms, do a little research. If you don't have the means to treat him though, returning him to your lfs is a good option.

9. w_johnson07Valued MemberMember

He now has a tiny little spot of scales sticking up by one of his bloated marks, is this the beginning of pineconing?

10. Iridium_2256Valued MemberMember

Not really sure on that, this is about where my expertise on diseases ends
    Maybe @DoubleDutch can help?

11. w_johnson07Valued MemberMember

Its okay, he died today when I got back from the store.

12. Iridium_2256Valued MemberMember

Awww, im really sorry man:(

13. w_johnson07Valued MemberMember

Its good