Dwarf Gourami-sitting on bottom-Help!

Jason

Well Known
Reaction score
I just got 2 gourami's the other day one seems fine but is prtty scared while the other doesn't eat and is resting on the bottom -any help???

fletch

Reaction score
Mine did that when they were introduced to the tank. give them a week and then look for other signs like fin rot

OP
J

Jason

Well Known
Reaction score
The gouramI is looking slightly better, but still won't eat. Not sure what else I can do. ???

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
It may be a dominance thing. Watch them close and see if 1 is picking on the other. There are also foods you can buy with garlic that are supposed to entice fish to eat. New Life Spectrum has a variety, and Omega One has a flavor enhancer type. You can also try and add a little garlic juice to some flakes or pellets by soaking them with a little juice and tank water before putting the food in the tank. Also, make sure he has plenty of hiding places to get away. Hope he gets to eating soon!

OP
J

Jason

Well Known
Reaction score
thankx for your help but he died a few hours after I posted this :'( but at least the other is very healthy

Durbkat

Reaction score
What most likley happened was the other gouramI was attacking him. That's what happened to me I had two opaline gouramis and the bigger one attacked the smaller one. So I took the small one out and put him in another tank but it died anyway. :'( What you need to do is to get 2 or 3 more gouramis to go with the gouramI that is already in their. And they should all live peacefully.

OP
J

Jason

Well Known
Reaction score
Thankx but the dominant one died last night...

Gunnie

Well Known
Reaction score
Wow J-man! I am so sorry. Were you able to take them back to the store where you got them?

OP
J

Jason

Well Known
Reaction score
Nah cause I had them for over 3-4 weeks well the dominant one. The other was like a week but I didnt take it back. I'm pretty sure the dominant one had dropsy and I thought he was fat. ****! Should have realised it earlier but he wasn't fat for that long

New Threads