Dwarf Gourami not looking to hot need help asap

rpeters28
I’ve had my dwarf Gourami for about 3 weeks and he’s been perfectly fine UNTIL yesterday when I noticed he was sideways at the top of the tank, tested water and it’s still good 50% water change has been done. I also moved him to a QT tank which is .5 gallons which I know is way to small but I didn’t want to leave him in the tank. Any suggestions??

Advertisement
Ghelfaire
Were there other fish in his original tank? If not leave him in the bigger one, it's less stressful.
Sounds like a swim bladder issue.

Advertisement
Huckleberry77
Most dwarf Gouramis are infected with dwarf Gourami disease. It is an a iridiovirus that is endemic in these fish. Sadly it’s super hard to get a healthy specimen of dwarf Gourami. Most die very young. There’s probably nothing you can do. The good news is that it generally cannot spread to non-Gourami fish.

rpeters28
Were there other fish in his original tank? If not leave him in the bigger one, it's less stressful.
Sounds like a swim bladder issue.
3 other fish besides him 2 more Gourami and a Kribensis

Rgtx
Is he bloated? I had my DG get bloated and eventually led to his death. I knew something was wrong when he laid on his side on my driftwood and noticed how bloated he was. Never determine what was the caused of his issues but like others have mentioned the DG disease is very prevalent. Luckily my other DG is still alive til this day. Guessing he's around 8to 9 months old now.

rpeters28
I’ve had my dwarf Gourami for about 3 weeks and he’s been perfectly fine UNTIL yesterday when I noticed he was sideways at the top of the tank, tested water and it’s still good 50% water change has been done. I also moved him to a QT tank which is .5 gallons which I know is way to small but I didn’t want to leave him in the tank. Any suggestions??
Update. I put him in a small fry now on the side of the tank overnight and he seems to be a lot better today he’s able to move more freely and staying upright

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
alexk77
Replies
Views
GouramiGirl100
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
  • Question
Replies