Dwarf Gourami Mates

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Diego Gomez, Jun 20, 2018.

1. D

Diego Gomez New Member Member

I'm close to finishing the cycle on my 29g tank...I'm thinking a powder blue dwarf gourami as my centerpiece and would like to know what's a good school of fish to add with it.

2. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!
    I'd do a stock like this:
    1 dwarf gourami
    1 bolivian ram
    8 black neon tetras
    8 harlequin rasboras
    8 albino cories

3. OP
    OP
    D

I like that maybe replace the bolivian with an electric blue? Or are they as picky as German blue Rams? Will celestial danios be okay with a gourami?

4. SmallFishGuy

SmallFishGuy Valued Member Member

I would stick to 1 school personally, unless you do 6 of one and maybe 10 of another otherwise it looks like they’re all part of 1 school because they will all be spread out

5. OP
    OP
    D

I was thinking dwarf gourami electric blue maybe like 10-12 of one school and some Cory's. Maybe a pleco. Either Cardinals or celestial for the school .

6. SmallFishGuy

SmallFishGuy Valued Member Member

You’d have to have a bristlenose as they are one of the smaller plecos you can get but they need wood

7. OP
    OP
    D

Yes. I was thinking an albino bristlenose.. would all those get along?

8. Anders247

BN plecos would need cooler temps than an electric blue ram. How about a clown pleco?
    I wouldn't do CPDs, they need cooler temps as well anyway. Cardinals will work.

9. toeknee

toeknee Well Known Member Member

That sounds like a nice stock. In my 20 gallon I have a dwarf gourami with 6 harlequin rasboras, 8 pepper corys and a clown pleco so you could do a similar stock with higher numbers of corys and whatever schooling fish you chose.

10. Anders247

Make sure the cories you get are temp-compatible with the EBR, though. Peppered cories wouldn't be.

Albino, bronze, sterbai, adolfoi, or duplicareus cories would work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice