Dwarf Gourami Lying On Plants

RonniePotter

hey everyone! I have a 10 gallon planted, water parameters are 0 ammonia 0 nitrate 0 nitrite. My dwarf gourami has been acting more lively since I've got him but I just did a water change today and he kind of lays down on the plants, he's eating fine swimming fine breathing fine but he's been laying on plants occasionally or on the floor, I have 4 Corydoras and a guppy as well and they get along fine, no aggression what so ever. Is this something I should worry about?

This is Fawkes the flame dwarf gourami!

Attachments

• IMG_2517.JPG
    IMG_2517.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 77

Aquaphobia

HI and welcome!

How long have you had Fawkes? How about the other fish? How long has the tank been set up? Any changes recently?

BAS Aquariums

my gourami does this as well. hes been doing it for over 4 mouths and he eats and swims around fine so my guess is that he's just resting

RonniePotter

It's been cycled it's been set up for about 6 or 7 months now, I've had Fawkes for about a week maybe 2 but no more than 2! He's Doug fine now swimming everywhere, I put a couple of cooked shelled peas in last night and when I came home from work today I noticed he had a long string of poo attatched to him so maybe he was constipated? Also I have 3 cory cats and 2 guppies in the tank as well! He might have also been spooked because I did a big water change that day, about 40%!

RonniePotter

James17

If you in fact have zero Nitrate your tank may not be cycled, you should show some Nitrates in a cycled tank.
Maybe you can try the test again and shake the heck out of the test bottle.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
spasq01
Replies
Views
glassescat
Replies
Views
Remedy
Replies
Views