Dwarf Gourami Last?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Jrobber, Apr 16, 2010.

1. JrobberWell Known MemberMember

As some of you may know, I am in the process of slowly restocking tank. Currently, I have just 2 Mollies, a Swordtail, and a Bristlenose Pleco. Eventually, I would like to have a few more Mollies, another Swordtail or two :), possibly two Guppies, but I really would like a Dwarf Gourami. Regardless of how many livebearers I stock or don't stock, I am going to add a Dwarf Gourami. My question is should I add the Gourami last or go ahead and add him before stocking the rest of my tank?

2. AlyeskaGirlFishlore VIPMember

I'd add him last because they can be territorial and they are sensitive to water conditions so making sure your readings are 0, 0 and some nitrAtes.

3. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Yeah, last would be best.

best advice i can give you about purchasing a DG is to WAIT until you find a perfect one. myself and several others have had great difficulty finding healthy DGs. if ANYTHING in/about the tank is suspect, dont buy.

4. JrobberWell Known MemberMember

So probably purchasing them out of a tank that has about 8 DG is not a good idea?

5. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Its not the number of them, its the condition.

what i meant wsas if there are 8 in the tank, and all 8 look good such that you would not be able to choose one over another, then buy one. however, if there are some that do not look so good, i would hold off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice