Dwarf Gourami Fin Rot?

Lorchie

Reaction score
Howdy friends,

So I have a 15 gallon tank with 2 Corydoras, 4 Neon Tetras, 1 Balloon Belly Molly and 2 Male Dwarf Gouramis. All the fish have been in there at least 3 months. IMG_4388.JPG

I understand now that putting these males together may not have been the best idea, but here I am.

I've noticed one of my Gouramis is a lot smaller and fuller than the other and his tail fin is super tattered. I can't quite tell if it's fun rot, nipping, or a combination of both.

I'm considering buying another tank and moving other, more aggressive Gourami to it to possibly help the smaller one heal. Any suggestions?

Attachments

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Lorchie said:
Howdy friends,

So I have a 15 gallon tank with 2 Corydoras, 4 Neon Tetras, 1 Balloon Belly Molly and 2 Male Dwarf Gouramis. All the fish have been in there at least 3 months.View attachment 440426

I understand now that putting these males together may not have been the best idea, but here I am.

I've noticed one of my Gouramis is a lot smaller and fuller than the other and his tail fin is super tattered. I can't quite tell if it's fun rot, nipping, or a combination of both.

I'm considering buying another tank and moving other, more aggressive Gourami to it to possibly help the smaller one heal. Any suggestions?
To be honest its color and shape makes me suspect this one won't be that old.
Sorry !

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom