Dwarf Gourami Emergency!

kbbartel93

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So long story short we've had something going through our tank. I've taken samples in of our water to be tested every day for the last week. It's not the water. Started as White spots like ick on a black molly. Then once that cleared up it was fuzzy white stuff like a fungus and bumps on a dalmatian molly. The black molly recovered. The dalmatian molly got so bad looking we euthanized him. Then an hour later the other dalmatian molly was dead, no signs or symptoms of anything. Then mucus like patches were on our dwarf gourami. He was dead this morning. When I got home from work my gild dust molly was dead too along with one panda cory cat. I'm worried about our remaining dwarf gourami. He's hanging out at the surface with his mouth to the top of the tank and keeps blowing bubbles. He looks like he got stained blue from the parasite/bacterial medication.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Try this combo of meds, I QT with these meds about a month before introducing fish into primary tanks: a bit of aquarium salt, ICH-X, API Erythromycin and API General Cure. And it's absolutely imperative that you REMOVE ALL carbon if you're using it.

kbbartel93

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
These are the best pics I could get of him. It loos like he's got a red spot forming in his side and I don't think he's using his gills at all
1525662217733.jpg
1525662249697.jpg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom