Dwarf gourami always hanging out at the bottom

Rgtx

I have a pair of dwarf gourami and they seemed to hang out at the bottom 80% of the time. It's an issue because the bigger DG always kicks my cories out of the way when they feeding at the bottom. The smaller one does it as well but not as much. My cories are barely pushing an inch long so they are still young.
These DG eat the flakes at the top then once that's done they go after the pellets at the bottom. It's annoying seeing them push my cories out of the way. It's this normal for them to be at the bottom most of the time?

pufferpresence20

If they don't seem stressed or sick I wouldn't worry too much. My opaline gouramis like to hang out at the bottom sometimes and they stuck down there for the first week or two we had them. You could try adding some floating plants or something higher up in the water column to make them feel more secure if you haven't already.

DoubleDutch

Could they be 2 males ?

Rgtx

Yes they are 2 males, the smaller one seems to hang out a lil more on the top. I will occasionally have plants on top due to them getting uprooted. Didn't seemed to change their behavior much.

DoubleDutch

The more dominant one keeps the other low in the tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
Heron
Replies
Views
PrincessHydra
Replies
Views