dwarf frongs

1. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

can i put an african dwarf frog in my 30 gallon

2. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

I have 2 african dwarf frogs in my 10 gallon with 2 black catfish and 1 male betta, and they don't bother anyting (the guy at my LFS said they would play together, and they don't really do that :-\ they are pretty solitary) However, they WILL eat anything they can fit into their mouth, so if you have any smaller fish, use caution, but the frogs themselves are very small so not really to worry. The only *slight* problem that I have encountered with these frogs is that they tend to get a little aggressive when i drop live worms into the tank (they want them all to themselves, but that is to be expected) I think you should be fine. just keep an eye on them/him/her/it LOL for a few days

3. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

ok thanks i am not sure if i will get some

4. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

No problem :) If you do get them, I don't think you will be disappointed. They are so CUTE! they def. keep you occupied ;)

5. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

i was thinking bout getting one until my mom vetoed it :(

6. Marc Well Known Member Member

Definitely getting one once my planted tank is set up :)

7. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

Marc, that's awesome !! Hint Hint - - They absolutely LOVE live black worms ;D

fish_r_friend, Why the veto?

8. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

b/c she thinks itwill escape b/c a friend of mine had an eel escape from their tank

9. EmpPleco Well Known Member Member

:'( Well if it helps your side of the story any, I have 2 of them, and neither of them have even attempted to jump out of my tank.. They are well behaved :D

10. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

its ok ill get some other fish