Dwarf Frogs With Fish ??

1. G

Guppppppppy Initiate Member

I have a 15 gallon aquarium, with 1 sword tail, 1 guppy, 3 scissortail rasboras, 3 neons and 1 pleco.
    Could I add a dwarf frog ???

2. cody2posh

cody2posh Member Member

Yes totally. I have a 10gal w 7 mature guppies and about 20 fry right now, along with 8 RCS and the babies that just hatched from one of the females, and I keep an African Dwarf Frog to basically act as a cleanup crew for leftover food or even fry that would otherwise simply sink and decay in the water.

I've never once seen him successfully snatch any babies of any of the inhabitants in several months

3. Smalltownfishfriend

Smalltownfishfriend Member Member

What kind of pleco? They have a huge bio load..!!!

4. Redshark1

Redshark1 Well Known Member Member

I think the Frogs are mostly best on their own but I've kept them very successfully with gentle fish including Glass Catfish, Hillstream Loach, Neon Tetras, Whiptail Catfish and Dwarf Hoplo Catfish.

I thought that Corys were always bumping into them so don't keep them with my Frogs any more.

I think they may suffer with more vigorous fish such as Swordtails. They may not get enough food or may be attacked, but you may need to try it out. Just have a plan B in case of problems.