dwarf frog gift

1. inari Well Known Member Member

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:( I wish I could laugh at that....

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I sure hope that you're being sarcastic.
    members have posted about this before.
    There's absolutly nothing funny about it.

4. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

You have got to be kidding.... Thats just rediculous... :(

5. inari Well Known Member Member

what i am laughing about on this is how the company who is would be viewed as an authority of the care of their product, have terrible instructions for the care or their product. First in my opinion, anything aquatic should never and i do mean NEVER be kept long term in an environment w.o filtration, second, cleaning an exteremely small tank 2-3 times a month what a load, third they tell you keep the water at an certain temp but offer no form of heating. Hmmmm I think they need to do a bit more research on this.

It is however sad that some consumers will recieve these guys and not know any better and suddenly their frogs are dropping dead. I just find it laughable that they company doesn't offer any solid advise on caring for them....

Oh and before i forget bacteria on the dry rocks....not seeing that one

Anyway everyone have a great holiday

Inari

6. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

It'a alarming how many they'll probably sell for the holidays and how many poor little ADF's will perish. :(

7. inari Well Known Member Member

that is very sad, i'm not particularly fond of frogs to begin with but yes i do agree

8. click Well Known Member Member

Maybe the frogs are fake?

9. dkord Initiate Member

I actually got a couple of frogs and a betta from one of those booths at the Mall. A friend of mine got it for me for my birthday. Unfortunately I lost the betta but the frogs are living in a 20 high with some other fish. They are my favorites in the tank.

10. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

My mother just e-mailed me a few minutes ago asking about this.

I really wish they'd take this item off the market.

The good news is she asked me about it BEFORE she bought it. The bad news is many others wouldn't research. After asking me about it, she decided against getting it.:p

11. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Ugh, I just read some of the reviews.. even as people complain that the frogs can't eat and there's not enough space, they say yes, they would recommend this to a friend! :mad:

12. kcarmartinez Member Member

A friend bought her daughter one of these for Christmas. Ordered it before so the Frogs would be there in time. The frogs came in a heat pack but it has been very cold out and they were "dead." She told them to send more when the weather warmed up. They sent more and the frogs were "dead" again, but this she left them so she could take them back to the store. (The store had them in stock time and said to bring back the dead frogs.) The next morning they went to get them to take them back and it turns out the frogs where alive, the cold weather had caused them to go into hibernation!!!!

13. Cricket24 Initiate Member

I received 3 ADFs as a gift for Xmas in the small unfiltered tank mentioned above. I'd really like to put the little guys in a small inexpensive filtered tank. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also, does anyone know if it is safe to feed the frogs bloodworms while they're living in the unfiltered tank? Thanks for any advice you can give.

14. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

15. titusxander Member Member

I saw these (set up as a display) in a local office supply store......and they had two with male bettas in them. And those things were SMALL!! i mean they couldn't have been more than 5"lx 3"wx 3"h. it was horrible

16. Cricket24 Initiate Member

17. inari Well Known Member Member

well thankfully instead of frogs which as i mentioned before i'm not fond of...she got me a gift card!!! To petsmart so I can get myself all the chemicals i could possiblly need....well until the card runs out anyway lol, but instead I think i'll pick up a betta, they are always worth having. On the 'dead' from comments, in general since frogs are cold blooded if it gets too cold they go into a dormant state as to preserve energy and keep them alive. If anyone has been keeping up with the news stories there was one about iguanas in FL doing something similar and how ppl picked them up to do who knows what with them, put them in the back of their car and the iguanas 'came back to life' same idea. Anyway thanks all and best of luck in the future!!!

18. rae64 Well Known Member Member

I really want to write a review on the "frog-o-sphere" about how it does not provide adequate care for the little froggies. Is this a good idea?

19. bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

That's a wonderful idea!:;banaman We're behind you 100% and will help in whatever way we can.

20. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Personally, I don't think it is fair to review a specific product on a seller's website unless you have personal experience with the product. Just my opinion. :)

I think you should send the seller a letter regarding the product, if you feel so inclined.