Dwarf Flame Gourami Lying on Side

glassescat

My 2 and a half old flame dwarf gourami has been acting extra lethargic and I can't figure out why. She has been spending a lot of time just lying on her side and barely showed interest in eating. I checked all the water parameters and everything is normal so the water can't be the issue. Part of me also suspected constipation since she has had that problem before, so I tried to feed her a pea, but again she showed no interest. I'm starting to fear she has dwarf gourami disease, I have no idea. I'm very worried for her, this is just so sudden and I don't know what I did wrong.

Hellfishguy

2.5 years old?

Upvote 0

Hellfishguy

That's ancient for a dwarf gourami. It's probably at the end of its natural lifespan. Most aquarist's dwarfs die from iridovirus in less than a year. You should be congratulated for providing such great care for your fish.

Upvote 0

glassescat

That's ancient for a dwarf gourami. It's probably at the end of its natural lifespan. Most aquarist's dwarfs die from iridovirus in less than a year. You should be congratulated for providing such great care for your fish.
Yeah that was also what I was afraid of. I was hoping to have her longer since different sites say different things about dwarf gourami lifespans, like 4-7 years. But if she is really starting to reach the end of her expected life, I'm happy that I was able to give her a good one.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jason Tanner
Replies
Views
James17
Replies
Views
glassescat
Replies