dwarf flame gourami doing laps

1. redlessi Well Known Member Member

I recently added a dwarf flame gourami to my 35 gal tank. I thought they were slow, docile fish but not mine. He looks like he is doing laps sometimes or on patrol of the tank. He also likes to swim with the angel like they are best friends. He comes to the front to greet me and he loves floating in the hornwort when he wants to relax. He is so pretty with so much personality. Is this normal behavior??:;dk

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

:;dk I hope he's okay. Sometimes that can be a sign of agitation; maybe he's just adjusting to the new tank? Maybe he was just patrolling his new territory?

I hope it's not a bad thing!

(Any pics? :))

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning Red. I agree with Ilovee. Sounds like he is adapting to his new environment. I haven't had them personally so I can't say for certain. Would love to see him! :)
    Ken

4. DRock914 Member Member

Mine did the same thing with my rams. My DG didn't last long but when it got sick it only stayed at the top of the tank. From my experience I would say it is normal because when my DG got sick there was a change in behavior but I could be wrong.

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

ive never had a docile slow dwarf LOL ...mine have/are always scouting around the tank...its normal...as long as hes not hurting anyone, i would give him more time to find HIS area ;)

6. redlessi Well Known Member Member

He has not shown any aggression at all. Each ram has claimed a side of the bottom of the tank and the dg and angel go wherever they want to. Before added them the rams were in charge of the tank but now they all swim together. This has quickly become my favorite tank.

7. redlessi Well Known Member Member

a few not so good pics

Attached Files:

8. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Pretty boy! I'm glad he (and you!!!) are enjoying the tank. :)

9. redlessi Well Known Member Member

Thanks much

10. Neji Member Member

Lol I never had gouramis that were docile and slow :) they are very active :) It's good sometimes, unless it's chasing other fishes around. Mine were somewhat territorial so I couldn't add in new fishes unless they were danios etc..