Advertising

1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

dwarf crawfish

1. Nick Della Rocca

Nick Della Rocca Valued Member Member

so after my blue died after only a week. ive given it a few weeks. im ready to try again. this time i was thing about a dwarf orange if i can find it. anyone ever have one? i havewhat about 2 i herd that there much freindlier then there larger brothrin. so idbe willing to try.

2. GgAcE

GgAcE Valued Member Member

All crayfish tend to be somewhat aggressive. I have owned 3 blue lobsters a the same time over about a 3 year span. One kicked the bucket unexpectedly during what seemed to be a molting gone wrong. The other 2 were best friends for about 2 years before they turned on each other one night. With one sole survivor, I hang out to hope because everyone loves a "blue lobster".

Regardless of the species of cray, they all seem to have a territorial temperament at one time or another.

Of course the tiny little claws on the dwarf version wont be nearly as powerful =P

3. Kindafishy

Kindafishy Well Known Member Member

That's not necessarily the case with the dwarf varieties. I had 6 of the self-cloning variety for a few months. The only time I had a problem was with a very aggressive water change. I took out 80-90% of the water and that put all the living creatures in my tank in close quarters. I don't think the crays liked the fish being in their faces, so they trimmed some fishey fins. The fish came out okay, but I never did that much of a water change all at once again.

Aside from that, the only problem they created was constant uprooting or trimming of plants. That is what got them re-homed.

4. OP
    OP
    Nick Della Rocca

Nick Della Rocca Valued Member Member

yes. tbe most i would do is a 50%. i have 4 danios 2 neons and couple of shrimp as a treat to my old blue. 2 juliis coreys i will rehome if i can find 2 dwarfs locally. i have a 20h. some nice hiding places a bubble wand the aqeon whisper filter that came with my tank. i bought a diy tank filter from petland.

Advertising