Dwarf Baby tear carpet is finally carpeting nicely.

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by DTurner, Aug 6, 2015.

1. DTurnerValued MemberMember

Hey figured I would post an update. My tank has can set up for close to a month. The dwarf baby tears are now rooting very good and growing runners quite quickly now.

It's a 20 Gallon tank. All the other plants are doing well too except I can't figure out what is up with the swords.

Here's a photo of the carpet so far.

Attached Files:

2. ToniaWell Known MemberMember

Looks lovely, D!! thanks for sharing the picture!!

3. NewbieeValued MemberMember

What type of lighting are you using? I am setting up a small planted tank and was wondering if u could share the specs of your tank with me, like the size, fert, and substrate

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. DTurnerValued MemberMember

Yeah its a 20 Gallon tank. Has organic soil for the base with red iron based fluorite then black sand on top of that.

I have an aquatek co2 regulator on a paintball tank. That took a bit to get set up properly but works great so far.

The lighting I have are 4 t5 HO 6500k that sum up to 78 watts. They are on for about 9 hours a day.

Finally I use the seachem line of ferts. Iron, flourish, excel, potassium ect. I dose those twice a week after a 4 to 5 gallon water change. I am however looking into using dry fertilizers in the near future.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. NewbieeValued MemberMember

Thank you and I am thinking thy I will use dry ferts to be more cost effective

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. DTurnerValued MemberMember

Yeah they are very coat affective. And you just rotate macro and micro nutrients every day.

7. BDpupsWell Known MemberMember

That's great! I was hoping it worked out for you. I was curious if the liquid ferts would be enough. Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone with my fingers.

8. DTurnerValued MemberMember

Thanks BDpups, I was worried they would melt more before spreading due to many you get being grown emersed but there was minimal melting if any at all. I think those are the plants that do best in high co2 but I don't want to increase it do to my fish. So they are fine growing how they are.

9. DTurnerValued MemberMember

I am amazed at the roots on the dwarf baby tears. They are 3 to 4 times the height of the plants themselves.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice