Dwarf And Blue 55 Gallon Tank

1. BriBango

BriBango New Member Member

Just added the first fish to my 55 gallon. I got 2 blue gouramis, 2 dwarf gouramis. And a few guppies. Kind of regretting it now. The pet store made it seem ok even though I've read a lot of different things. I'm worried about the blues with the guppies. They seem fine now but it hasn't even been 24 hours. I'm also pretty sure all the gouramis are males. Is this gonna end bad?

2. Discus-Tang

Discus-Tang Well Known Member Member

It may end in a dual between the two dwarves. They are 99% of the time males so I would separate them immediately. I couldn't inform you about blue gouramis though, sorry.

3. fjh

fjh Well Known Member Member

Ive kept 1 m dwarf, 2 f blue and guppies together in a 55g together without an issue.

If you are concerned about agression, i mean 55g should be large enough. You can add mkre plants/decor to break line if sight and create mini territories for them. Ie in my tank my dwarf is really posessive of this clump of hornwort, but itherwise ive seen no territories or agression between them. If agression is really bad after like a week then you might consider separating them.

4. OP
    OP
    BriBango

Is it normal for them to hide at the bottom? They're hiding in some decor but I thought they were supposed to hang out in the middle. I'm hoping this is just because I got them today and they are adjusting but I'm kind of worried because the male guppy I had just died. My water is good I tested it today so I think maybe the guppy died because the filtration is really strong. But I seen one of the gouramis nip him maybe he just got him good. I'm really regretting my choice. I'm thinking the Guppies are too small for the power of the filter and having all male gouramis is just a bad idea

5. OP
    OP
    BriBango

Is it a definite that they will fight? Like male bettas? Or maybe because they are young, they can grow together because they become more aggressive with age

6. fjh

fjh Well Known Member Member

The whole thing about what lvl they hang out in is in my opinion. I have cories that enjoy sitting on top of my rock pile, and my GWK scavenges for food in the sand. So yes, i would say hanging out in the bottom is not unusual - most likely they do it because there is more decor and hiding spots, so they feel safer while they adjust.

Did you quarentine them before adding?

And it is not definite that they will fight. So lang as they wavh han have separate territories you will be fine. People usually run into problems when they try to put 2 in a 10g together.