Dwarf African Frog With Fungal Growth On Foot?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by mifdog, May 17, 2018.

1. mifdogNew MemberMember

Hello all, I have a couple DAF treatment questions that I'm hoping for some help with. I have a cycled 10 gallon. About 2 weeks ago, I added 3 dwarf African frogs. 1 died 2 days later, cause unknown. I started spot feeding afterwards, assuming starvation. My 2 remaining frogs developed white fuzz on one of their feet each. Both frogs hid and refused to come out for a few days. After, 1 frog remained mostly in hiding and the other started behaving more normal. The more normal frog is currently very active, has a healthy appetite, and seems white-fuzz free at present. The other still mostly hides, refuses thawed bloodworms, and has a lot of white fuzz on it's foot. I swabbed them both with hydrogen peroxide, but stopped after a couple applications due to the stress it was causing. I'm not sure how to proceed; the healing frog had the fuzz first, I think, and started hiding first as well. The 2nd frog is worse off than the 1st one ever was, though. Thanks for reading. Pic:  

2. maggie thecat

maggie thecatWell Known MemberMember

Important - Chytrid Fungus in ADF's and ACF's

I am not saying that you are contending with chytrid, although that is a common and deadly problem in ADF in the aquarium trade.

However, given its prevalence , it is always good to treat as if new frogs are carrying spores.

I would immediately get a can of Lamisil antifungal spray, available at any pharmacy or grocery foot care aisle, and treat both frogs using the hyperlinked procedure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice