Dust-Like Particles In Water!

FishSlime4L

My tank is fully cycled but after rinsing and adding a second cartridge to my filter, I’ve been noticing small white dust-like particles in my water.
Should I do a water change or are there any better options such as API Accu-Clear?

Broggy

its probably debris from filter maintenance. sometimes the tank can be cloudy because of bacteria unbalance. if you have trouble with your auarium cycle, switching the cartridges too often can actually set you back.

either way, I wouldn't do anything, if they are just debris, you filter will take care of it. if it is bacteria unbalance, it will also resolve its self without water changes

Upvote 0

Bruinfishkeeper1

Yes just like what was mentioned before, it's just debris. Try to turn off your filter, then add/remove new cartridge's.

Upvote 0

FishSlime4L

its probably debris from filter maintenance. sometimes the tank can be cloudy because of bacteria unbalance. if you have trouble with your auarium cycle, switching the cartridges too often can actually set you back.

either way, I wouldn't do anything, if they are just debris, you filter will take care of it. if it is bacteria unbalance, it will also resolve its self without water changes
Only thing is that it’s been like this for multiple days.

Upvote 0

mrsP

That's debris that your filter hasn't been able to deal with. You might want to look into getting more powerful filter, if cleaning it doesn't help.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Theulli
Replies
Views
Potato1
Replies
Views
RedTailRookie