During The Cycling Session Did Have Fake Fish Decorations Just Because?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Joyceheatherington, May 16, 2019.

?

During the cycling process did anyone have fake Fish decorations just because?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Joyceheatherington Valued Member Member

I'm debating whether or not to put in fake fish just for fun and as decorations (Just) during the cycling process. I have two fake jellyfish but they dont do very much.

2. Momgoose56 Well Known Member Member

Do it. They'll survive...

3. Joyceheatherington Valued Member Member

Cool. Anything I should look out for when i get them?

4. Momgoose56 Well Known Member Member

Yes, peeling paint is a sign of Yuck. A disease that be treated in plastic fish by removing them from the tank and vigorously scrubbing them with a fingernail brush.
    Another disease, Tentacle Tetany, is characterized by tightly curling tentacles in silicone Octopi and Squid. Check your tank temp! This is usually caused by temps exceeding 212°F (boiling). Immediately dump 10 lbs. of ice in tank. Lol!

5. Joyceheatherington Valued Member Member

Thank you. Oh uhh wow that almost makes me not even want to chance it. And dont want to risk it. Hmmmm.

6. Momgoose56 Well Known Member Member

No, really the only suggestion I have is to get decorations made for fish tanks. They are made with materials that are intended for submersion and painted (usually) with paints that won't peel, dissolve or flake off in water or when assaulted by snails and algae eaters.

7. Joyceheatherington Valued Member Member

Ooh ok. There not ones I'd plan to keep in the tank once I'm able to get the fish.