Dumping A Attention Hog And Getting A Hang On The Back Filter

15324bbb

had this filter since I started but I don't really want it...it does a great job of cleaning but a waste of space and It makes the tank look smaller than it already is. It also is an attention hog right when you look at the tank your eyes are super glued to this carbon fiber. I can't really move it anywhere else either the lid prevents anything from moving to a good corner location. help me ditch this filter!

WTFish?

I did the same exact thing! I have a fluval c2 now, love it!

Cichlidude

How big is the tank? How big is the cut out (length)? Looks like one of those all on one tank tops. Looks like a small Aquaclear will fit there like a 20 or 30.

15324bbb

The tank is a 10 gallon tank, the cut out length is roughly 7 and a half inches.

Cichlidude

Yep. An will work.

Betta'sAnonymous

Not a big fan of internal filters for all the reasons you mentioned! I have switched to sponge filters in all my 10 gallon and below tanks. Has worked out great as all those tanks have bettas or platy fry

15324bbb

Ok I'm glad! thanks, I'll take a pic before and after I get the new filter. but how do I cycle the new filter without recycling the tank again?

Cichlidude

Best thing to do is take out the old media and put it in the new filter. Cut out the filter floss if needed. We have no idea what is in your old filter.

15324bbb

All it has inside is filter floss inside it is charcoal every month I have to change it out.

grump299

Is there a reason you are using charcoal. If not you can cut the filter floss and remove the charcoal and put the filter floss in the new filter and you should keep your cycle just watch your water for awhile to make sure it is all good.

15324bbb

I need help with my plants, I think they are actively dying I the leaves on this is melting...is it the lighting? Also off topic but my water is clear like glass!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom