dull and lethargic Dwarf Gourami

jodie332

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi i joined this site to try and find a solution to my dwarf gourami's problems, he was doing fine for a good couple of months and suddenly he's dull and lethargic, sits in the corner and wont eat much. I'm very worried about him but not sure what to do, all the other fish in the tank seem to be fine and chirpy as ever.

steed1172

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
your aquarium info says you do NOT know about the nitrogen cycle(there should be a link in the words) do you know you water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate,) and PH value is helpful to know as well, when is the last time you did a water change?

if it has been a long time, the ph value of your aquarium water may have changed, from its original value of your tap/well water, aswell as a build up of toxic matters.(ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates)

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
+1 steed.

My DG was rather sensitive to water parameters, and ultimately passed

And sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but he could also be getting sick as DG's seem to be prone to a disease that only affects DG's. I'm not sure what it is, but I have read about it.

Dwarf Gourami Disease, a viral infection without a cure that infects a large proportion of commercially bred Colisa lalia (including all the varieties: powder blues, reds, Neons, etc.). The only "cure" is to get people to stop buying the **** things so the breeders stop producing them. But capitalism being what it is, there are always enough people out there who haven't heard about Dwarf Gourami Disease, so our friends on the fish farms crank out more of these disease-ridden animals.
source: http://www.wetwebmedia.com/fwsubwebindex/dwfgdis.htm

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom