dull and lethargic Dwarf Gourami

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by jodie332, Apr 13, 2010.

1. jodie332New MemberMember

Hi i joined this site to try and find a solution to my dwarf gourami's problems, he was doing fine for a good couple of months and suddenly he's dull and lethargic, sits in the corner and wont eat much. I'm very worried about him but not sure what to do, all the other fish in the tank seem to be fine and chirpy as ever.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2010
  2. steed1172Well Known MemberMember

your aquarium info says you do NOT know about the nitrogen cycle(there should be a link in the words) do you know you water parameters (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate,) and PH value is helpful to know as well, when is the last time you did a water change?

if it has been a long time, the ph value of your aquarium water may have changed, from its original value of your tap/well water, aswell as a build up of toxic matters.(ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates)

3. ryanrModeratorModerator Member

+1 steed.

My DG was rather sensitive to water parameters, and ultimately passed :(

And sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but he could also be getting sick as DG's seem to be prone to a disease that only affects DG's. I'm not sure what it is, but I have read about it.

source:  

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice