Duh! forgot to add Stress Coat

1. Regal Well Known Member Member

On Sunday I did about 30% water changes in my 75 gallon and three 55 gallons. Unfortunately I didn’t remember the Stress Coat until the last 55 gallon with Cory fry. Glad I at least remembered it for them since they’re babies. How do I forget to add dechlorinator? I mean it’s only ONE thing I have to add – and still I forget? :;smack I’ve forgotten it before and not had a problem but the planted 55 with mollies is definitely looking cloudy. I guess I should go test the water and do ANOTHER water change. :;fru

Oh and when I started turning things off to do the water changes I also realized that the HOT Magnum on the 75 has been turned off for a week since I did the last water change. Anybody want to come over and open that sucker for me? ;:barf

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

do you have city or well water suemvb? not so much a panic with well water as it would be with city water...

oh my on the mag!! hold ya nose!

keep close eye on mini cycles

3. Regal Well Known Member Member

It's city water. I (believe it or not) have done this with the Magnum before. It's bad... really bad...

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

im not envying you on the mag cleaning lol...again keep a close eye on mini cycles

have you checked with your city to see if they use chlorimines? if so, you will need stress coat+ as stress coat wont touch them :( good luck with everything and i hope no mini cycles at all!!!!!!!

5. wonton55912 Member Member

theres not much chlorine in my tap the test said it was the color after 0

6. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:;dk This is a pretty old thread.
    Not sure what your comment has to do with Sue's topic.

7. wonton55912 Member Member

oh it was random