• Yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Sabi
HI there...

What do you guys think of a DSB?
I can't decide if I must make one in my sump or not. It seems to be very good in keeping the nitrates etc down but also if it is stirred up or shook around it can crash and then I have a BIG problem.

All input appreciated!

Fish Addict
first, I have a question... WHAT IS A DSB??

Peterpiper
DSB-Deep Sand Bed

Fish Addict
Ah! Thanks!!

Sabi
Hellllo?

agsansoo
I voted No !
I run a barebottom. There is no way to know the condition of your DSB once it's installed, until you notice hair algae and coral animal problems.

Sabi
Thanks Andy. I have been very much in doubt about it although people here say its v.good. Truth is i'm afraid of something going wrong and then I'll be in trouble.
Anyway i'm not going with it.

Peterpiper
Well I voted yes, not to have one in the tank. but to have one in the sump, it does have benifits and with it being in the sump the sand can be replaced as required without ripping the tank down.

agsansoo
There are only two ways I would set up a saltwater tank. DSB or barebottom, in the display. I just feel barebottom is much easier to control. Unless your sump/fuge is as big or bigger than your display, it will be undersized and unable to handle the bioload of your tank. This goes for denitrification in a sump also.

Join the dark force Luke (Sabi) , go barebottom ! LOL

Peterpiper
never new the dark side could be so enlightening

agsansoo
DSB vs BBT .....

Sabi
agsansoo said:
There are only two ways I would set up a saltwater tank. DSB or barebottom, in the display. I just feel barebottom is much easier to control. Unless your sump/fuge is as big or bigger than your display, it will be undersized and unable to handle the bioload of your tank. This goes for denitrification in a sump also.

Join the dark force Luke (Sabi) , go barebottom ! LOL
Yeah Lol! I'm going BBT in my display. And for now the sump too. (if you can call it that) What else besides the skimmer and LR can I put in the sump for filtration and water purification?

Sabi
agsansoo said:
DSB vs BBT .....
I won't mind if you edit the poll for with that heading.

agsansoo
A nice big filter sock !

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom