Dry Start Or Wet Start Whats Quickest In Terms Of Growth?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by jbsm, Apr 26, 2017.

1. jbsmValued MemberMember

I have tissue culture plants will a dry start allow my carpet to spread faster as I won't have to worry about the transition to submerged until the carpet has spread?

2. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

It depends on the plants but generally yes

3. jbsmValued MemberMember

I have dwarf baby tears, utricularia graminifolia, and rotala macrandra pink

4. -Mak-Fishlore VIPMember

Yes. Take care to keep them moist though.

5. jbsmValued MemberMember

Thank you i gave them a heavy mist last night and this morning hoping I don't get it too humid and cause a mold outbreak a99e0bcd03dd170b5b435890c785dc3d.jpge1f209f53d5d8bc69e42edb71d7991f6.jpg5d5043ffa53d86473d6f4abce5707d56.jpg

6. -Mak-Fishlore VIPMember

Nice hardscape! Currently struggling with my own >__<

7. jbsmValued MemberMember

Thanks I wish I had a couple medium sized rocks, I feel I went a bit overboard on all the small fragments but I'll wait to see how the plants grow in before I start rearranging the scape

8. PunkinWell Known MemberMember

Where did you get your plants?

9. jbsmValued MemberMember

Aqua forest aquarium in San Francisco if your not local they also sell online

10. jbsmValued MemberMember

d8d7a59fd35ed7591f7aaabaa4d71d0b.jpg

I'm a bit worried I'm doing something wrong the plants I planted a couple days ago are a bit yellow compared to the extra plants still in the cups is this normal or am I burning the plants with too much light or not enough water? Please help if you can

11. -Mak-Fishlore VIPMember

Sorry, not sure why that's happening. Maybe give it a google search? Others might have had this happen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice