Dry Start Methods advice needed !!

uneducatedshark

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to aquarium kinds of stuff and need some advice with DSM!
I will post my 16L tank below so you guys can see what is going on.
I have started my 16L tank with ADA aqua soil, some monte Carlo, dwarf grass, driftwood, java moss, 2W led light unbrand from eBay. and no Co2.
  • 1st day, I have placed soil and Monte Carlo in the tank and started boiling my driftwood for 1hour, and soaked it in water for a week ( water change every day), during that week I have been spraying the tank twice ( one in the morning and one in the evening ) and forgot to cover it with cling wrap!
  • Light on 10+ hours perday.
  • after a week, I started placing driftwood with java moss glued on the wood in the tank and it did move, and prise the monte Carlo which has been there for a week? are there any problems with that? and placing dwarf in the tank after that as well and still spraying twice per day and this time I did cover it with cling wrap.
  • after two weeks, I have started using LCA foliage mist spray? will that affect my plants, substrate, cycling process, fish after that? ( LCA Foliage Mist contains the following nutrients: - Free Amino Acids - Nitrogen - Phosphorus - Potassium - Molybdenum - Magnesium - Zinc ( chelated by EDTA) - Manganese ( chelated by EDTA ) - Iron ( chelated by EDDHA)
  • at what point do I know that I need to start filling water in? I am planning to use LCA low-tech fertilizer during the cycling process, will that affect my cycling process? can I use it after the tank is cycled or have to use it asap cause I'm running it without co2? (3 pumps (6ml) per 100L will yield the following
    Iron 0.75ppm, Nitrate 10ppm, Phosphate 2.0ppm, Potassium 8.0ppm, Magnesium 0.0225ppm, Zinc 0.075ppm, Copper 0.0112ppm, Manganese 0.05625ppm ,Boron 0.02775ppm, Molybdenum 0.0009ppm, E300 Ascorbic Acid,E202 Potassium Sorbate).
  • Will my tank get any problems at this moment or in the future???

Photo 23-4-21, 14 54 23.jpg

Photo 23-4-21, 14 54 51.jpg

Photo 23-4-21, 14 55 41.jpg

Photo 23-4-21, 14 56 32.jpg

Appreciated any advice. Thanks heap.

Freshfishguy

uneducatedshark said:
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to aquarium kinds of stuff and need some advice with DSM!
I will post my 16L tank below so you guys can see what is going on.
I have started my 16L tank with ADA aqua soil, some monte Carlo, dwarf grass, driftwood, java moss, 2W led light unbrand from eBay. and no Co2.
  • 1st day, I have placed soil and Monte Carlo in the tank and started boiling my driftwood for 1hour, and soaked it in water for a week ( water change every day), during that week I have been spraying the tank twice ( one in the morning and one in the evening ) and forgot to cover it with cling wrap!
  • Light on 10+ hours perday.
  • after a week, I started placing driftwood with java moss glued on the wood in the tank and it did move, and prise the monte Carlo which has been there for a week? are there any problems with that? and placing dwarf in the tank after that as well and still spraying twice per day and this time I did cover it with cling wrap.
  • after two weeks, I have started using LCA foliage mist spray? will that affect my plants, substrate, cycling process, fish after that? ( LCA Foliage Mist contains the following nutrients: - Free Amino Acids - Nitrogen - Phosphorus - Potassium - Molybdenum - Magnesium - Zinc ( chelated by EDTA) - Manganese ( chelated by EDTA ) - Iron ( chelated by EDDHA)
  • at what point do I know that I need to start filling water in? I am planning to use LCA low-tech fertilizer during the cycling process, will that affect my cycling process? can I use it after the tank is cycled or have to use it asap cause I'm running it without co2? (3 pumps (6ml) per 100L will yield the following
    Iron 0.75ppm, Nitrate 10ppm, Phosphate 2.0ppm, Potassium 8.0ppm, Magnesium 0.0225ppm, Zinc 0.075ppm, Copper 0.0112ppm, Manganese 0.05625ppm ,Boron 0.02775ppm, Molybdenum 0.0009ppm, E300 Ascorbic Acid,E202 Potassium Sorbate).
  • Will my tank get any problems at this moment or in the future???

Photo 23-4-21, 14 54 23.jpg

Photo 23-4-21, 14 54 51.jpg

Photo 23-4-21, 14 55 41.jpg

Photo 23-4-21, 14 56 32.jpg

Appreciated any advice. Thanks heap.
The biggest thing would be to upgrade the light. Carpet plants need higher light. The ONS Nano is an awesome option for a nano tank. You’ll want to flood the tank when the carpet has fully grown in.

Latest threads

Top Bottom