Help Dry Start Issues

Darin Wilson

Reaction score
hi everyone,

I’m about 6 weeks into my DSM and things are going somewhat smoothly. I’ve been getting green algae / moss stuff growing on the sand of my tank and little gelatin balls. I’ve been trying to combat them with excel, but I don’t think it’s being to effective. I’ve also just today found white fur fungus on my moss that I just picked out and examined the rest for any other signs. I also have a darker spot in the sand that I noticed today. :-/ what’s that about? Also why are some of my HC turning yellow, it can’t possibly be to much light can it? Are they deficient in one chemical? So, my questions are is there any other way you would go about handling this? Am I spraying to much? Would adding a small amount of excel to my spray bottle hurt my plants and kill the bacteria / fungus? Has anyone else dealt with this?

Pictures of the tank here

Attachments

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Eco-complete
I can't comment about the mold, but I can comment about why the HC is yellowing. It is because the eco complete lacks nutrients so your HC is essentially trying to grow with pure water (which is nutrient deficient).

Darin Wilson

Reaction score
I can't comment about the mold, but I can comment about why the HC is yellowing. It is because the eco complete lacks nutrients so your HC is essentially trying to grow with pure water (which is nutrient deficient).
Should I add nutrients to my spraying water or should I push root tabs down into the soil?

Moxri

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The mold is from the water pooling in specific spots. Just remove excess water.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom