Dry Rock

Discussion in 'Saltwater Beginners' started by Fishygirl1219, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Fishygirl1219

Fishygirl1219 Valued Member Member

Hello all....

Today I bought about 50 lbs of dry rock for about 20$ ....I hope that's a good deal??? Anyway how do I do this I remember reading it needs to be cured and all how do I go about that can i do it in freshwater or does it have to be Saltwater

2. aaron0g

aaron0g Well Known Member Member

Not a bad buy, but may have a lot of die off, best to put in a salt water mix, run a power head for flow and a skimmer if possible and then let it cycle, a test kit and refractometer is best to keep an eye on it all. Will probably take a few weeks and once done check nitrates ph and salinity if needed do a large water change, if possible mix your own salt water with a good salt mix and rodi water.

3. OP
    OP
    Fishygirl1219

Fishygirl1219 Valued Member Member

So I just need to put it in my tank and run it like normal and check everything on it

4. aaron0g

aaron0g Well Known Member Member

That's it, keep an eye out for any resilient hitchhikers and look them up, if friendly let them stay if not nows the time to pick them out.

5. TiffanySid

TiffanySid New Member Member

Great question! Good luck.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice