Dry Mystery Snail Eggs

Serp

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I wasn't intending on breeding Mystery Snails, I wasn't even sure I have a pair. There is just two of them in the tank and they didn't spawn even though it's been quite some time and space was always there. But, just now, I found a batch of eggs. Of all places, snails decided to lay them right next to LED light bulb. It might have happened two or three days ago, as yesterday I found egg-like substance in the water.

Batch was hardened and completely dry. I proceeded to scrub it off and put into wet paper towel but I'm not sure if there is a point in trying to save them anymore? Few broke open while I was doing that and they still did have fluid inside.

CaptAnnDuchow

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I wasn't intending on breeding Mystery Snails, I wasn't even sure I have a pair. There is just two of them in the tank and they didn't spawn even though it's been quite some time and space was always there. But, just now, I found a batch of eggs. Of all places, snails decided to lay them right next to LED light bulb. It might have happened two or three days ago, as yesterday I found egg-like substance in the water.

Batch was hardened and completely dry. I proceeded to scrub it off and put into wet paper towel but I'm not sure if there is a point in trying to save them anymore? Few broke open while I was doing that and they still did have fluid inside.
Doesn't hurt to try. I had one i thought was a goner. I floated it on a piece of Styrofoam that was about 1/2 in thick and it hatched after 11 days.

SnailsGalore

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Agreed. Try keeping it in a Tupperware tub on damp paper towels with Saran Wrap with holes covering it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom