DrsFosterandSmith website

1. designer Initiate Member

Does anyone recommend this website? If so, why? If not, why? I came across them and they seem pretty reputable. Thoughts?

2. spdrbob Member Member

We've gotten products from them for our Cats for year and have always been reliable. I have yet to buy fish stuff from them as my LFS carries most of what I need and I hate to pay shipping.

3. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I've never purchased livestock from them because their shipping costs are obscene. We have purchased both decor items and equipment from them and been happy. They are very good with returns and I rate them high in customer service.

4. e_watson09 Well Known Member Member

I buy my water conditioner there when it goes on sale then I also just bought a new glass canopy for my tank from them.

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good afternoon,

I have been using Doctors Foster and Smith for years. Supplies and live plants too.

I've never had any problems. If an order wasn't right or something was wrong, they made it right. Highly recommend them. :)

Ken

6. gourami88 Member Member

Their customer service if phenomenal! I order a lot of my fish supplies (what my LFS doesn't carry) from them and have always been happy. Any problems and they are quick to respond and have always fixed it in a way that made me want to come back.

7. designer Initiate Member

Well it seems like there is a concensus here that it's a reputable site. Thank you all for your comments!

8. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

shipping from them is very reasonable...even for heavy items...like stands, tanks, or substrate. I use them all the time

-j

9. ploopy Member Member

I use them all the time.I had a defective hob and sent it back.The sent me a new one no questions asked.I buy about everything from them.Have never ordered fish though.

10. James95 Well Known Member Member

I love them, they have great customer service and a wide array of products for all pets. I use them for dog, small animal, bird, and aquarium supplies. Fast shipping and reasonable prices.

I've ordered from live aquaria (their livestock sister site) twice and the shipping cost was absolutely ridiculous. Great looking healthy fish, though.

11. mrb1324 Initiate Member

I bought my stand from them. Got free shipping and it arrived in good condition. No complaints from me.

12. Borisbbadd Guest

I've ordered from them a few times, never any problems.

13. Jancy Member Member

I've ordered from them also, no problems, great customer service.

14. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Yup, second to none in customer service. And when you call, you talk to a PERSON!

15. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

That's a good online store. I've used them many, many times.

16. Akeath Member Member

I've always had good experiences from them, if I need to buy fish supplies online I always go with them.
    I ordered a Marineland Stealth Heater from them one time. Later it was recalled, it had a short on it that could cause it to malfunction and cook all the fish. Doctors Fosters & Smith sent me an email as soon as it was recalled to warn me to cease using it, complete with directions on how to get a complete refund or replacement for a different type of heater, and I was able to get my money back for it.
    I haven't ever gotten any livestock from them though, so I can't attest to how they do with that.

17. gourami88 Member Member

I have bought livestock from them (liveaquaria) and I will say their shipping rate is ridiculous unless you are ordering a fair bit, then they are more reasonable as it is a flat rate. But as was said above, excellent looking and healthy fish. They all had appetites when they arrived and didn't look roughed up from shipping.

18. AlyeskaGirl Fishlore VIP Member

Ive ordered from them several times. No problems and pack things well with bubble wrap and tape the lids on liquids.

19. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I got a glass top from them, and it came broken. So I called and I received a replacement 3 days later. Again broken. So I called back and I received the third one intact, the next day.

20. ploopy Member Member

The only problem I have with them as of late is when I order it takes a full week to recieve it.They send it through the postal service and they are getting real bad.