Dropsy symptons and treatment

moogie25

my goldfish has slightly raised scales, floating upside down may be due to bloating, lethargic, but appears to be eating normal. he does have a bump on 1 of his side, hard to determine what it is.

after further research, i think these might be early signs of dropsy.

i have isolated him to a 10G quarantine tank. temp is raised to 81F, kanaplex dosage and aquarium salt.

earlier i read it's recommended i use epsom, and not aquarium salt.

can i now add epsom with the existing aquarium salt or should i change out whole QT and only add epsom?

any other suggestions to treat this.

i'll try to add some pictures but he's moving around in the QT more than in the main tank.

i'm also thinking of dosing api general cure and/or melafix.

QT has:

heater
filter w/o carbon
air stone

water parms in main tank:

ammonia: 0-.25
nitrite:0
nitrate:20-30

Fish99

I think I would leave the poor thing alone as far high temps and salt and such. I would just give it super clean water and hope for the best at this point
Dropsy Treatment

Analisemcg

my goldfish has slightly raised scales, floating upside down may be due to bloating, lethargic, but appears to be eating normal. he does have a bump on 1 of his side, hard to determine what it is.

after further research, i think these might be early signs of dropsy.

i have isolated him to a 10G quarantine tank. temp is raised to 81F, kanaplex dosage and aquarium salt.

earlier i read it's recommended i use epsom, and not aquarium salt.

can i now add epsom with the existing aquarium salt or should i change out whole QT and only add epsom?

any other suggestions to treat this.

i'll try to add some pictures but he's moving around in the QT more than in the main tank.

i'm also thinking of dosing api general cure and/or melafix.

QT has:

heater
filter w/o carbon
air stone

water parms in main tank:

ammonia: 0-.25
nitrite:0
nitrate:20-30
when I was treating my betta I did a daily epsom salt soak and treated her with kanaplex, which worked great. Keep up very frequent water changes, clean water is essential in treating dropsy. Wishing you luck!

edit: didn’t read part about aquarium salt. I would take it out with a few water changes. I wouldn’t add the epsom directly into the tank, but I would do the soaks. You can find out the measurements on Google I think, I’ve forgotten them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ginger2078
Replies
Views
NevermindIgnoreMe
Replies
Views
KribensisLover1
Replies
Views