Dropsy In Betta

Abhitej Bokka

Reaction score
It seems to me that my betta is bloated on the sides for the past 3 days and it looks like Dropsy.
What can I do to help my betta?
My parents are unwilling to spend a lot on medicine since they say they can get me a new Betta.
What can I get from Petsmart, Walmart or Amazon? (Under 20 dollars hopefully)
I really need help, I don't want this fish dying on me.
I've heard of stuff like Maracyn 2 and Epsom Salt. Someone plz help explain!

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Pictures please? Depending on how severe his scales are raised then it will determine his chance of survival. Most dropsy cases are bacterial and Kanaplex is the most effective way of treatment because of how easily it is absorbed. Epsom salt baths (1 TBSP/gallon for 10-15 minutes) will help relieve some fluid retention.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Epsome salt baths is the cheapest route. Dropsy how ever is just a symptom of a bigger problem. Can you post a pic and tank details?

Abhitej Bokka

Reaction score
Pictures please? Depending on how severe his scales are raised then it will determine his chance of survival. Most dropsy cases are bacterial and Kanaplex is the most effective way of treatment because of how easily it is absorbed. Epsom salt baths (1 TBSP/gallon for 10-15 minutes) will help relieve some fluid retention.

Attachments

Abhitej Bokka

Reaction score
I put up the fish photos, please look.

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I can't see any raised scales in the pictures. Can you get some top shots of him? Do you actually see raised scales along his sides when you look above him?

Abhitej Bokka

Reaction score
I can't see any raised scales in the pictures. Can you get some top shots of him? Do you actually see raised scales along his sides when you look above him?
Some Upside photos:

Attachments

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Is there anything besides kanaplex? My parents are unwilling to buy that product saying its just too expensive and they could buy another betta with that money
I have also heard of Maracyn 2 being used, but Kanaplex's the most effective. Most dropsy cases are bacterial so it means you would need antibiotics to treat it. If you can't get any, then maybe you should consider euthanasia.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom