Dropsy in African dwarf frog

BirdMom

One of the 4 African dwarf frogs is very bloated looks like Dropsy...Suggestions on treatment?

They live in a planted aquarium with a Betta & Albino Corydora & have plenty to eat &with good stable water quality.

The other 3 frogs are keeping their distance from it & all 4 of my frogs are little on the tubby side but not obese. The eat a frozen food (brine shrimp, community cube or bloodworms) & Aquatic frog pellets daily & sometimes blackworms.

Sokamix

One of the 4 African dwarf frogs is very bloated looks like Dropsy...Suggestions on treatment?

They live in a planted aquarium with a Betta & Albino Corydora & have plenty to eat &with good stable water quality.

The other 3 frogs are keeping their distance from it & all 4 of my frogs are little on the tubby side but not obese. The eat a frozen food (brine shrimp, community cube or bloodworms) & Aquatic frog pellets daily & sometimes blackworms.
Well, I like to feed my frogs every other day to let them digest. So I would start feeding them every other day. Next, bloodworms should only be a treat (I do 2 times a week.) anyways, back to the drospy…I dont really know how to cure it so I have this link that may help. But I do know SEPERATE him immediately to quarantine. Hi. I have an African Dwarf Frog that has dropsy. He is quarantined away from the rest of my fish. I happen to have minocycline, which I’ve heard is safe to use for invertebrates), but i’m not sure what dosage to use? | PetCoach

BirdMom

Well, I like to feed my frogs every other day to let them digest. So I would start feeding them every other day. Next, bloodworms should only be a treat (I do 2 times a week.) anyways, back to the drospy…I dont really know how to cure it so I have this link that may help. But I do know SEPERATE him immediately to quarantine. Hi. I have an African Dwarf Frog that has dropsy. He is quarantined away from the rest of my fish. I happen to have minocycline, which I’ve heard is safe to use for invertebrates), but i’m not sure what dosage to use? | PetCoach
They don't get blood worms more than twice a week...I rotate the food I give them.

Being as they're in a community Aquarium I'm not sure how I would go about feeding them every other day when the other fish eat daily

Sokamix

They don't get blood worms more than twice a week...I rotate the food I give them.

Being as they're in a community Aquarium I'm not sure how I would go about feeding them every other day when the other fish eat daily
Oh ok. That’s fine. But just read that article it will help you.

BirdMom

Unfortunately she passed away but the other three frogs are doing wonderful as is everything else in that Aquarium

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Paper Spiders
Replies
Views
Musing
Replies
Views
adfmama88
Replies
Views