20 Gallon Tank Dropsy and bettas help please

LakelaTaylorC

Hey, so I have a large 25g ish tank with a betta sorority. I know, it’s controversial. All went well for about a solid year, now I’m struggling with dropsy and I cannot for the life of me figure it out!! I’ve treated with kanaplex, and miracyn+oxy and I still found a fish dead… it’s heavily planted with real and fake plants, lots of botanicals and 2 filters. It’s so random as no
Other fish seem to get affected besides the one random fish. Now it’s a guppy. Help!

Cue

As you probably know, dropsy is a symptom. The bettas may have more susceptibility to infection if they are constantly stressed, which is very possible in a sorority, for both betta and other fish. What other fish are in the tank? Is it cycled?

Upvote 0

LakelaTaylorC

As you probably know, dropsy is a symptom. The bettas may have more susceptibility to infection if they are constantly stressed, which is very possible in a sorority, for both betta and other fish. What other fish are in the tank? Is it cycled?
Yea, I do know it’s a symptom. I realize that they’re more susceptible but now the guppies are getting it. I’ve got guppies and a bristlenose. Yes it’s cycled, it’s over a year old tank.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CoconutTheBetta
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
hannah662parker
Replies