Drip system

Status
Not open for further replies.

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
So my question is can anyone lead me to good instructions of how to make one. Second how do you meet output with input and not over doing the siphon and losing it. Along with maintaining enough siphon. I'm just curious as to what's a proper flow rate. I'm thinking of buying a 180-220 gallon and thinking a drip system would be way better than water changes with a bucket.

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Why not just get a Python or Aqueon water changer? Would probably be cheaper and more efficient.

Dadio

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
This should help.

Drip systems are very wonderful if you get them set rightly. Saves the fuss, muss and most of all, time. I had a simple drip system running via 3 inline micron filters to my 500g koi holding tank. Very good for large tank setups or even multi tank. This was set via a float for water leveling as there was also a fair evaporation. If I vacuumed the tank for debris I wasn't worried on filling as it was automatic. The 500G only had one 25% water change done in 6 months and this tank was holding 19 koi.

junebug

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Drip systems are the bomb. The easiest way to do one, I think, would be to run drip line (you can buy it at a hardware store) from a large tub or tank, down into your aquariums. The aquariums would be drilled with overflow boxes, piped to either a large holding tub, or piped into the plumbing drains, or piped outside into a garden or planter box.

I plan a system similar to this for several of my tanks when I move into a fishroom setup

derkulies

Valued Member
Reaction score
I like that idea ! I really wanna do a fish room too. Also reason I'm thinking drip system is it will help alot with water stability for discus fish. Which I really really wanna try.

Also could I run the in line through a bag of carbon to remove chlorine (I know won't remove chlorimates) like to a clear pvc that holds the bag in it with the carbon. Would that work ?

Dadio

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

prozium

Valued Member
Reaction score
The king of diy has videos on it and I can probably screen shot the book pages for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 40 63.5%

Top Bottom