Drip Acclimate

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
With my future stocking of anglefish, DG, mollies, and cories, would any of them need to be drip acclimated? Or just regular slowly add water?

NavyChief20

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ASHLEY R COOK said:
With my future stocking of anglefish, DG, mollies, and cories, would any of them need to be drip acclimated? Or just regular slowly add water?
Hey Ash,
No you don't need to drip acclimate. You can if you want to but not necessary. Some salt water fish and inverts you really do but asa general rule of thumb not with freshwater. This is mostly due to the extra water parameters you have to deal with with salt water.

OP
ASHLEY R COOK

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
NavyChief20 said:
Hey Ash,
No you don't need to drip acclimate. You can if you want to but not necessary. Some salt water fish and inverts you really do but asa general rule of thumb not with freshwater. This is mostly due to the extra water parameters you have to deal with with salt water.
Thx. I do know some fish are a little more fragile to changes, like GBR. I just wasn't sure if it would benefit to drip acclimate any of my planned stock.

Rainy day

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
None of those fish are sensitive fish, aside from maybe the cories depending on the species, they're all pretty hardy. It'd be better to do it, though they'll be fine without it.

DuaneV

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Not necessary at all. Most fish don't require drip acclimation.

OP
ASHLEY R COOK

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thx everyone! I'm just making sure I got all my ducks in a row before I finish cycling.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom