Drink More Milk

Discussion in 'Our Other Pets' started by Smalltownfishfriend, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Smalltownfishfriend

SmalltownfishfriendWell Known MemberMember

Pretty sure that's what Maggi would say if she could talk!!!lol just a pic of some calf cuteness!!!! IMG_20181111_074448.jpg

2. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Adorable :)

3. Annie59Valued MemberMember

Love LOVE calves! So cute!!

4. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Aah bless how cute is she!

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Uhhhh Dutch breed ? I loveeee cows (and fish as you didn't notice that allready)

6. OP
    OP
    Smalltownfishfriend

Thanks!!:)
    I did notice that you post pictures of cows:) her mom is a jersey Holstein, her dad is well I guess we don't quite know but we think he is a Holstein Angus cross!! She is quite tiny.. she was a twin to a bull calf that died at 3 days old. She is only a week old. I have been feeding her lots of extra sugar water and Pedialyte to help her stay healthy!! When they are this small one bout of diarrhea can kill them!!!?

7. OP
    OP
    Smalltownfishfriend

She is such a little camera ham.... IMG_20181111_074354.jpg

8. Annie59Valued MemberMember

I know this is going to sound odd, but I love the smell of baby calves, to me they smell like milk and hay :) And they are soooo soft!

9. OP
    OP
    Smalltownfishfriend

I know!! They smell so good when they are just little babies!!:)

10. Annie59Valued MemberMember

Ah, someone that understands me rotfl. I love farm animals. Some people just don't understand I guess :)
    Nothing smells better than a barn with horses or cows and hay, to me anyway.
    Cows make great pets too. Follow you around just like a dog.

11. OP
    OP
    Smalltownfishfriend

Nope some people even think they stink??? How confusing is that!!lol yes they do!!! Some of ours always come to get their heads and ears scratched and their noses rubbed!!! But.. some just get annoyed when I fuss over themlol

12. DoubleDutch

Mmmm the smell and cows, hay, the noices, the peace in a stable always bring good memories (both grandparents kept cattle and sheep) from my youth.

I even could sleep in a stable hahaha

13. Annie59Valued MemberMember

My husband (city boy that he is) always laughs at me because I tell him they should make an air freshener that smells like a barn lolol.

14. RuralGuppykeeper

RuralGuppykeeperValued MemberMember

Lovely looking calf. :) She probably drinks more milk than I do. :rolleyes:

15. Nikki2577

Nikki2577Well Known MemberMember

So cute!! I used to have a jersey calf, I loved her.

16. Lynn78too

Lynn78tooWell Known MemberMember

She is so pretty! I'm not sure where you're from but in the US, the city of Madison, WI has a farmer's market and they have cows and calves on the capital building walkway. They had 4 or 5 calves that were a week old then some that were a few months and then went on from there. I've always like jersey cows with their big doe eyes.

17. DoubleDutch

Don't forget to change the hay-cartridge every other week Annie. "Now available in your local store" hahahaha

18. Betta'sAnonymous

Betta'sAnonymousWell Known MemberMember

Save me!!! EAT MOR CHIKIN!!!!

19. DoubleDutch

Uhhh I doubt the smell of a chickenfarm is a good idea in those cartridges woohahaha

20. OP
    OP
    Smalltownfishfriend

That sounds neat,!!! Yes Jersey cows are very pretty but they are a whole new level of ornery!! I am positive they can rationalize and make caculated desicions!!! Haha!!!

Probably!!! Right around a gallon a day!!! Haha!!

Haha!! I smell a money maker... Small piece of used barn clothing!! Smells right like your grandpa's stable.....haha!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice