Driftwood/rocks

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,522
Reaction score
3,657
Points
198
Experience
1 year
Does anyone have any driftwood or rocks they want to part with? Right now I have black lava rock & Dragon stone in my tank and I'm wanting something to kind of lighten up the side that has the black lava rock. I have two pretty large tank decorations if you would want to trade also (I can get pictures if interested but I'm at work right now)
 

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
4,378
Points
458
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have red and gray granite based rocks (they are the kind you get from petco or petsmart, i have five of the red and nine of the gray).
What kind of driftwood are you looking for? Large or med or small? (I have several types and some larger pieces as well).
20180511_095648.jpeg
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,522
Reaction score
3,657
Points
198
Experience
1 year
Mcasella said:
I have red and gray granite based rocks (they are the kind you get from petco or petsmart, i have five of the red and nine of the gray).
What kind of driftwood are you looking for? Large or med or small? (I have several types and some larger pieces as well).
View attachment 439172
Do you have pictures of the driftwood? Nothing too large (I only have a 29 gallon) probably small or medium

I want something cave-ish if that makes sense lol. Or something I can kind of make a cave out of
 

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
4,378
Points
458
Experience
5 to 10 years
ValerieAdams said:
I want something cave-ish if that makes sense lol. Or something I can kind of make a cave out of
I have some flat rock pieces but I don't have an exact count of them (also used in a cichlid setup, they are normal not ph altering rocks though). I have assorted mopani, some spiderwood, cholla, river driftwood (some look pretty much like sticks, some more formed), and some manzanita (they are short however, under 10 inches long and branchy).
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,522
Reaction score
3,657
Points
198
Experience
1 year
Mcasella said:
I have some flat rock pieces but I don't have an exact count of them (also used in a cichlid setup, they are normal not ph altering rocks though). I have assorted mopani, some spiderwood, cholla, river driftwood (some look pretty much like sticks, some more formed), and some manzanita (they are short however, under 10 inches long and branchy).
I'm not that up to date on the types of drift wood lol. I don't really want branchy/stick looking though. I also prefer something that doesn't affect pH
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,522
Reaction score
3,657
Points
198
Experience
1 year
What's the big piece in the middle and the two smaller hollow looking ones in the front?
 

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
4,378
Points
458
Experience
5 to 10 years
ValerieAdams said:
What's the big piece in the middle and the two smaller hollow looking ones in the front?
The big piece is river driftwood (it is very light so it likely will float for a while before sinking comparing it to the other ones i have sunk *i pinned one down with a rock and it stayed down until it became water logged). The two in the left bottom are cholla wood (i have a couple thicker pieces than this as well), the three on the right bottom are spiderwood, the ones resting on the rocks are manzanita. The top right corner is mopani.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #9

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,522
Reaction score
3,657
Points
198
Experience
1 year
Mcasella said:
The big piece is river driftwood (it is very light so it likely will float for a while before sinking comparing it to the other ones i have sunk *i pinned one down with a rock and it stayed down until it became water logged). The two in the left bottom are cholla wood (i have a couple thicker pieces than this as well), the three on the right bottom are spiderwood, the ones resting on the rocks are manzanita. The top right corner is mopani.
Is that the only mopani you have?
 

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
4,378
Points
458
Experience
5 to 10 years
ValerieAdams said:
Is that the only mopani -you have?
I have a couple other pieces but this was the most attractive one. The one pictured is 8-9 inches long, by 5-6 inches, and about 3 inches thick.
20180518_154105.jpeg
20180518_154119.jpeg
 

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Messages
8,407
Reaction score
4,378
Points
458
Experience
5 to 10 years
ValerieAdams said:
Will it affect pH?
I haven't had any of the pieces of wood i have affect ph, with weekly water changes and a stable ph from your source water it shouldn't do anything (maybe a tenth of a point at most, i have a ten gallon that the only thing that happened when i placed a brand new piece of mopani in there is just got a bunch of tannins released in it. so it was tea colored but it didn't affect anything, except the fish were out a little more.)
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom