Driftwood/rocks Want To Buy

1. ValerieAdams

ValerieAdams Well Known Member Member

Does anyone have any driftwood or rocks they want to part with? Right now I have black lava rock & Dragon stone in my tank and I'm wanting something to kind of lighten up the side that has the black lava rock. I have two pretty large tank decorations if you would want to trade also (I can get pictures if interested but I'm at work right now)

2. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

I have red and gray granite based rocks (they are the kind you get from petco or petsmart, i have five of the red and nine of the gray).
    What kind of driftwood are you looking for? Large or med or small? (I have several types and some larger pieces as well).
    20180511_095648.jpeg

3. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

Do you have pictures of the driftwood? Nothing too large (I only have a 29 gallon) probably small or medium

I want something cave-ish if that makes sense lol. Or something I can kind of make a cave out of

4. Mcasella

I have some flat rock pieces but I don't have an exact count of them (also used in a cichlid setup, they are normal not ph altering rocks though). I have assorted mopani, some spiderwood, cholla, river driftwood (some look pretty much like sticks, some more formed), and some manzanita (they are short however, under 10 inches long and branchy).

5. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

I'm not that up to date on the types of drift wood lol. I don't really want branchy/stick looking though. I also prefer something that doesn't affect pH

6. Mcasella

Examples of some of the woods i have and two flat rocks in the upper corner.
    20180518_152203.jpeg

Attached Files:

7. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

What's the big piece in the middle and the two smaller hollow looking ones in the front?

8. Mcasella

The big piece is river driftwood (it is very light so it likely will float for a while before sinking comparing it to the other ones i have sunk *i pinned one down with a rock and it stayed down until it became water logged). The two in the left bottom are cholla wood (i have a couple thicker pieces than this as well), the three on the right bottom are spiderwood, the ones resting on the rocks are manzanita. The top right corner is mopani.

9. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

Is that the only mopani you have?

10. Mcasella

I have a couple other pieces but this was the most attractive one. The one pictured is 8-9 inches long, by 5-6 inches, and about 3 inches thick.
    20180518_154105.jpeg 20180518_154119.jpeg

11. OP
    OP
    ValerieAdams

Will it affect pH?

12. Mcasella

I haven't had any of the pieces of wood i have affect ph, with weekly water changes and a stable ph from your source water it shouldn't do anything (maybe a tenth of a point at most, i have a ten gallon that the only thing that happened when i placed a brand new piece of mopani in there is just got a bunch of tannins released in it. so it was tea colored but it didn't affect anything, except the fish were out a little more.)