Hey! I’m really having mixed feelings about putting driftwood in my two tanks. I’ve had driftwood for a while but took it out a few months ago. It started breaking down in my hands when I would do a deep clean of the tank. It made me anxious because I’m pretty sure decomposition of wood releases some nasty toxins and is a great home for fungus and bacteria. Should I be hesitant about it or not worry so much? Is it a mater of buying more more frequently rather that having it for a few years? My catfish used to love eating the algae off it and my fish loved pecking at it. Is it safe to try again or are there different alternatives I can try? Thanks!