Driftwood Has Weird Stuff Growing On It

~EverythingsSoSawbwa~

Hi

In 2 of my 8 gallon betta tanks I have Gold Vine driftwood.

In my established tank, which currently has a betta in it, has these tiny black dots everywhere on the driftwood. I haven't noticed it before.

In my other betta tank, which is currently cycling, I have white fungus growing on it.

Lights are on for around 8 hours a day.

What can I do to get this stuff off my driftwood? And what are the black dots? Thank you

Attachments

• 20170825_132435.jpg
    20170825_132435.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 162
  • 20170825_132603.jpg
    20170825_132603.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 148

DioAquatics

I'm not too sure what the black dots are, maybe it's algae or something? The white fungus is normal. That should go away on its own with time. If you want the white fungus off the driftwood, just scrub it off with a toothbrush or something similar and suck it up with your water changes.

TwoHedWlf

Black dots might be hair algae. Are they fuzzy? Going to need to wait or get better pics.

Susiefoo

Yep white fungus 100% normal and harmless. Best to let it burn itself out (mine took about a week to 10 days) or it will usually come back. My guppies enjoyed pecking on it.

Can't help with the black dots sorry.

~EverythingsSoSawbwa~

Black dots might be hair algae. Are they fuzzy? Going to need to wait or get better pics.

No, it's not really fuzzy. They're just tiny black dots. I can try to get some more photos, but it's hard to get a good picture because the dots are so small.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
FishguyAU
Replies
Views
Frogtastic
Replies
Views
sinned4g63
Replies
Views