Dreamer

BornThisWayBettas

Sadly, my beautiful baby boy, Dreamer, passed away rather suddenly tonight. I felt that I should share our "love story".

Back in July, soon after joining Fish Lore, I had upgraded my 10 gallon tank to a 20 gallon tank and I began going to Petsmart to stock it. I believe it was actually the first time I went into Petsmart to look at the fish I had in mind for stocking when I saw a beautiful, mostly white/translucent betta sitting in a cup, looking lonely and inactive. I left the store without him, as currently I had no space to put up my old 10 gallon for a betta and wasn't expecting to buy a new tank right then.

But as I got home, I simply could not stop thinking about him. I had some mad obsession with this little guy and I KNEW I just had to have him. So later on that week, my mom took me back to Petsmart, but wouldn't let me get him right then because it was too "unexpected" and "unplanned" for. Of course, I was crushed.

Even later that week though, I began to talk to my mom about him and told her that I could just put him in the 3 gallon bowl I had for now and didn't need to buy a tank right away (yeah, that didn't last long). So she agreed but wouldn't go back for him until she needed to go back to the area, which wouldn't be for another two weeks or so! It was kinda miraculous how it happened though, because as it turns out, she had an appointment that she had forgotten about and she had to go right by Petsmart in a few days.

So I called and annoyed the heck out of Petsmart, pushing them to hold him for me until I could come get him. They kept saying that it was the "last day that they would hold him" until finally, it really was the last day, which is when I picked him up.

I already had had a name picked out for him, it was like it was destined to be his. His name was Dreamer. He was beautiful, mostly white/translucent but with a pinkish undertone and sometimes a purplish undertone in some lighting. He had bluish, purplish, and light brown splotches at the bases of his fins and a few dark purple spots on him. He was absolutely beautiful.

Now, I was keeping him in a bowl with a heater for a while, until I came to my mom and told her that if she'd let me get him a tank, it would be the last tank. She finally agreed. Now do you think I meant that?

Dreamer was the best little dude. He'd be the first "person" that I'd tell good morning, and the last one I'd wish good night. He was shy at first, but he soon grew to love people. He loved me most, of course, lol. He was funny because he liked to sit face-down buried in a plastic plant. Who knows why he did that. Oh, and he LOVED his bloodworms!

I'll miss my sweet little baby, he was so amazing. :'(

Thanks for reading this mega-long post, guys.

Anders247

Again, sorry for your loss. He was a good fish.

Plecomaker

Sorrytohear that.

Flowingfins

Sorry you lost him

Megg01

Sorry for your loss

Aquaphobia

Lovely memorial, I'm so sorry for your loss x

BornThisWayBettas

Lovely memorial, I'm so sorry for your loss x
Thanks, dear. I'm going to miss him soooo much. :'( I can't believe how attached I get to these little guys.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
betta06
Replies
Views
SouthAmericanCichlids
Replies
Views