Dream fish

1. ystrout

ystrout Valued Member Member

Let's have some fun. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post, but I thought I'd strike up some discussion.

Pretend you could have ANY fish in the world. Fresh or salt. You could even "scale them down in size" so they fit in a normal sized tank. Don't worry about costs or realisticness because that makes dream discussions boring. What fish would you have?

For me, I'd like to have some cutthroat, rainbow, and brown trouts. Also some salmon. Especially ones with big humpbacks. I think they're both beautiful fish. I think that's why I like danios so much, they have that similar elongated tube shape. Similar looking face too.

So how about you guys?

2. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

I really like brook trout and tiger trout, basically all trout.... that's my reason for liking danios as well, CPDs especially remind me of brookies.

3. Imtryingmybest

Imtryingmybest Valued Member Member

My dream fish would be the beautiful, majestic whale shark. After all, the ocean is just the world's biggest aquarium! All you have to do is pretend that you own it. In my eyes, i already have a whale shark ;)

4. l

littleredridingmech Valued Member Member

I would trade my kidney for a pair of seahorses. I think they are such beautiful, interesting animals. I saw one give birth in a public aquarium when I was little and have been enthralled with them ever since.

5. Cowfish928

Cowfish928 Valued Member Member

I would want an Ornate Bichir. They are so unique to me. Either that, or a Panther Grouper.

6. WeepingShadesOfIndigo

WeepingShadesOfIndigo Valued Member Member

Creepy deep sea angler fish, vampire squid, viperfish and why not toss in some jellies that light up too. Feasible? No, but like you said reality has no place in dreams!

Haha I guess if the ocean is the world biggest aquarium and I own it then I already have these guys too. Just can't get down there to see them.

Edit: Forgot about seahorses, those too! Love love love

7. AnneRose

AnneRose Valued Member Member

My dream aquarium would be a couple sea horses, a couple of male bettas that would get along haha and male guppies that reach like 6 inches instead of 2! With lots of corals and reefs and beautiful colours...

Ah I wish.

8. slayer5590

slayer5590 Well Known Member Member

Channa gachua or Channa pleurophthalma would be mine but it's never going to happen in the US

9. OP
    OP
    ystrout

Yup that's why I'm going to get some CPDs when I increase tank sizes. They're mini brook trout!

I'm glad there's another trout lover here! Best looking fish in this world's waters. In my opinion haha.

10. Five 97

Five 97 Well Known Member Member

So what's your current tank size? CPDs would be ok in 10g min.

11. M

Machine11 Well Known Member Member

Kingfish and great white shark (unrealistically)
    Realistically I would love to have a lionfish one day

12. Cef

Cef Valued Member Member

Coelacanths would be awesome as species only tank. The species Latimeria menadoensis (thailand).

13. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Whale shark is definitely what I'd go with. Realistically a red bellied pacu.:)

14. Z

Zoara42 Valued Member Member

A red tail cat, with a couple of iridescent sharks and some arrowana.

Possible if I ever end up rich.

15. B

Ben9375 New Member Member

A dolphinfish...no, not a porpoise. A mahi. Imagine, a beautiful yellow and blue bull mahi, accompanied by a pod of females. If they were shrunk down, you know, to a manageable size. Or miniature tarpon!

16. vivelafish

vivelafish Valued Member Member

Okay, I realize this isn't a fish, but the Octopus "adorabilis" would be a dream to have. They're. so. precious.

I would name him Gerald hahaha. They have been studying them in Monterey Bay! I'd love to join the research team.

17. fisharegreat8962

fisharegreat8962 Valued Member Member

Same here! I read somewhere that you could keep 30-35 dwarf seahorses in a 5 gallon.

oh my god they're so cute i'm bashing my head in with a hammer because i can't have one!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Platylover

Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

I'd name him Dumbo haha. They are the cutest little things, I must own one! Haha.

19. OP
    OP
    ystrout

Right now I have a 20g. But the tank is full. I could fit a few more in there I guess, but everyone is comfortable and likes each other in there so I'll just wait to get CPDs until I upgrade tanks.

Yaa mahis are awesome. By far one of the most beautiful fish in the ocean. Them, yellowfin tuna, and California yellowtail. Have you ever seen them in person? I remember the first time we caught them and got them over the rail of the boat, I couldn't believe their color. It's like they glow they're so bright. That color quickly fades, but wow, great all around fish.

20. Aquarium Saturation

Aquarium Saturation Well Known Member Member

Chameleon Chiclids would be awesome!!