Dream Aquarium

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Wobbegong, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Wobbegong

WobbegongWell Known MemberMember

What is your dream aquarium, it doesn't have to be probable or likely, just the most perfect aquarium you can imagine, I will describe my dream aquarium below and you can to

2. OP
    OP
    Wobbegong

it wouldn't be one aquarium, it would be multiple connected by clear tubes. there would be a big tank(like 75 or 100 gallons) that would have a deep end and then a shallow part and below the shallow part there would be tubes for shy fish to hide

3. Kenny777

Kenny777Well Known MemberMember

I would want multiple aquariums when I grow up. Some of my dream aquariums would be a 150gallon with a breeding pair of albino tiger Oscars and another one would be a 250gallon with 2 Flowerhorns and other large South American cichlids. Another would be a 125gallon tank African cichlid tank. Another would be a 500gallon cubic tank I saw at my lfs legs and put a giant gourami, 2 Asian arowanas, and with a bunch of other large peaceful fish. And lastly a 750gallon tank I also saw at my lfs, that would be a giant community tank with all kinds of fish and lots of colors!

4. OP
    OP
    Wobbegong

Like shovel nose catfish, clown loaches, iridescent sharks, pacus, severums .

5. Kaelico

KaelicoValued MemberMember

My dream tank is a 1000g indoor acrylic tank with 150 tosakin goldfish. It would be built like a pond being only three-ish feet tall and would rest directly on the floor so you could see the fish from the top. There would be be lily pads and water lettuce floating on the surface but other than that, the tank would be bare.

6. Meowmy

MeowmyNew MemberMember

A fish room dedicated to bettas, shrimp and fancy goldies and a outdoor pond for koi/commons!!

It's all so beautiful in my dreams... :(

7. OP
    OP
    Wobbegong

I would have 30 neon tetras, 15 black neon tetras, 15 ember tetras, 10 bosemani rainbow fish, 8 praecox rainbow fish, 8 cherry barbs, 3 albino cherry barbs, a few male and female betta fish(there would be tanks just for them so they wouldn't have to be with the other fish, 4 dwarf gouramis( plenty of space for them so they wouldn't fight) 1 blue gourami, 1 gold gourami, 1 opaline gourami, 2 paradise fish(once again plenty of space and there own still connected tanks that i could block off if they were being aggressive), Then 12 bronze corys, 8 albino corys, 9 sterbas corys, (and then a bunch of other species of corys, 1 species for every tank), 2 pictus catfish, 6 upside down catfish, 2 angelicus catfish, 6 porthole catfish, 1 rio negro plecostomus, 1 thomasi pleco, 8 bushy nose plecos, 1 tiger pleco, 1 pitfall pleco, 10 zebra danios, 26 fancy guppies( 2 of each species with 13 species), 12 kuhli loaches, 6 clown loaches, 4 reticulated millstream loaches, 8 dalmatian mollies, 4 black mollies, 2 black sail fin mollies, 2 red platies, 2 red wag platies, 2 blue platies, 2 high fin platies, 2 rainbow platies, 2 bleeding heart platies, 15 harlequin rasboras, 1 retail shark, 2 rainbow sharks, 1 albino rainbow shark, 6 otocinclus catfish,4 high fin lyrtail swordtails, 4 painted swordtails, 4 koi swordtails, 1 black ghost knife fish, 4 dwarf puffers, 6 rope fish, 8 ruby red pencil fish, 10 silver dollars, 2 tire track eels, 10 electric blue rams, 10 mystery snails, 15 nerite snails, 20 ghost shrimp, 20 cherry shrimp, 5 bamboo shrimp, 2 viper shrimp, 3 dwarf crayfish, 8 african dwarf frogs, and a few amino shrimp

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  8. Fashooga

FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

Disease free, worry free tank...that's all.

9. Kenny777

Kenny777Well Known MemberMember

Agree! A tank that I don't have to do anything just sit and watch and enjoy a good cup of Joe:)

10. tunafax

tunafaxWell Known MemberMember

1 of each kind of fancy goldfish.

The dream. :emoji_heart:

11. Meowmy

MeowmyNew MemberMember

12. SKYE.__.HIGHValued MemberMember

An ADA 6ft tank with 7-9 wild caught blue discus in a very nice aquascaped tank with tons of rummynose tetras and a small army of amano shrimp.

13. OP
    OP
    Wobbegong

I wonder how many gallons would be nescisary for my dream aquarium

14. SKYE.__.HIGHValued MemberMember

Or a tank that could have schooling male bettas, that would be so beautiful

15. goplecos

goplecosWell Known MemberMember

I don't care about anything else I just want to have a tank with a Zebra Pleco. I would also love to have a pond but it is so cold here during the winter and one of my friends had a snake steal 4 of her fish i doubt it will happen. :(

16. OP
    OP
    Wobbegong

A fish tank the size of a pond

17. liberosis4170

liberosis4170Valued MemberMember

I would love a low boy 50 gallon aquarium 4' x 2' x 10'' so I could create a shell dweller cichlid paradise.

That and a chocolate gourami tank 40 gallons with one bamboo shrimp. (more achievable) <3

Oh, and a Peacock Goby tank <3 20gallon long with a whole colony of red cherry shrimp.

An indoor/outdoor fancy goldfish pond o-o fish can swim outside and inside through one connecting pond.

Everything fully planted, no problem algae, and plants are super healthy and all of this miraculously does not break my wallet.

p.s. restoring an old rusted clawfoot bathtub and turning it into a guppy tub.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  18. BigAcp

BigAcpNew MemberMember

I would love to have a 500g indoor saltwater tank with various fish, shrip, sponges, or anything that I could out in with out over stocking. Then I'd love to have a large koi pond under a willow tree with a chair so I coud have a place to relax at the end of the day!

19. California L33

California L33Well Known MemberMember

There ain't no such tank, but as a dream, it's perfect-

20. MattS99

MattS99Well Known MemberMember

Nano community. Schools of CPDs and gold ring danios. Some endlers, all different colors. Asian stone catfish on the bottom.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice