Dreadful table manners..

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Tank Photos' started by Everythingzen, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Everythingzen

Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

[​IMG]

A friend gave me these awful looking algae wafers, insisting her fish were all over them. I tried to ignore the bright green and dropped a couple in both tanks. The yoyos stuck to them like flies at a picnic (as did the kuhlis and angels for that matter), but the other tank got a passing interest from the cories, a competitive hog-pig fest from the guppies, but an all-out stacks on food fight from the MTS! I've never seen them move fast, let alone this fast. In a matter of maybe a minute both wafers were covered. They can stay a treat for the yoyos only. My MTS dont need breeding encouragement by fattening up with too much food! Also, the yoyos just don't seem to eat my snails! I guess they prefer horrible artificial wafers? Maybe it's the McDonalds of fish food.

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

ROFL great picture!!!

3. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Whats the ingredient list look like? That really is a terrifying color green o.o'

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

There aren't many fish that eat MTS - I would not expect the loaches to eat them - none of mine do. Even puffers have difficulty with them.

5. OP
    OP
    Everythingzen

Hehe thanks guys.
    Akari, she didn't give me any packaging. She just chucked a handful in a ziplock bag. It's not a green found in nature, that's for sure!

Jaysee, do you know any fish that will eat them? Not sure if my tank is big enough for some clown loaches. It's only 4 ft.

6. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

"Feed me!" ... Little Shop of Horrors

Ken

7. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Crayfish. That's the only thing I know that eats them. I don't know that any loaches will. Long term, no it's not enough for the clowns.

8. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

No packaging, hm? Not even a general name??

It really isn't! Its almost neon o.o'

Thats my cousin! lololololol (for real!)

9. l

lorabell Well Known Member Member

LOL....great pics!!!!!!! How bout some assassin snails....they did the trick on these for me a while back....if anything they will keep the numbers down for sure

10. pirahnah3

pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

HAHAHAHAHA that is awesome!

11. soltarianknight

soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

I had MTS once........... then i got assassin snails.

12. mmolitor87

mmolitor87 Well Known Member Member

Larger cichlids will also eat them, from what I've read. I've been thinking about getting some to stir up the sand substrate a bit, but I don't want to risk them breeding too much or simply becoming snacks.

13. OP
    OP
    Everythingzen

I have a feeling they came from one of those unlabeled bulk packs fish shops carry. She's not into premium foods yet lol.

I used to love that movie when I was a kid, even though it grossed me out, lol.

I think assassin snails are unavailable. Crayfish eh? And cichlids? I must do more reading. Thanks guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice