Drakes 10 Gallon

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Crazycoryfishlady, Apr 19, 2019.

1. CrazycoryfishladyWell Known MemberMember

We got drake I believe September of last year, maybe August, and we've loved him and cared so much for him ever since, we've probably only redone his tank three times, not counting just planting or trimming and replanting the plants, but including this time.
    Our original idea was to get him a castle, and I did find one recently but ended up not getting it because my boyfriend didn't like it, and Drake is his betta.

This was our first set up...(locating photos must find it...)

Our second...

We've gone through a couple different fish in this tank, apparently drakes favorite color is pink and any other color even white is an absolute no no, so he can only have salt and pepper platies xD

I bought more plants for the tank today, and these were my choices for the moment, hoping to get lots of trimming going so we can get even more...
    Two kinds of bacopa, monnerie and another kind.. Not carolinana
    20190419_191008.jpg
    one I cant type or pronounce,
    20190419_191143.jpg
    and a sprial val since I like it and wanted it for my tanks.
    20190419_191137.jpg
    Non of the plants are planted yet, I'll let my boyfriend decide where he wants them tomorrow, and I'll have him let the roots grow first.
    Now, recently and yesterday

20190417_121635.jpg20190417_121650.jpg

2. CrazycoryfishladyWell Known MemberMember

@NanaW
    The sand over gravel tank... I only used enough gravel to lightly cover the bottom since we had it all and I didn't want to toss it or take it all out.
    Then all the black sand on top.
    You can see by the big bear (kliener bar) where the roots are exposed and the sword, that there is some pieces of black gravel towards the top.
    Some of the plants already had gravel in their roots so it went with them. The java ferns actually rooted themselves using the gravel too.

3. ElkwatcherValued MemberMember

You're doing a wonderful job, good choice in plants!

4. NanaWWell Known MemberMember

Thank you for info sorry it took me awhile I wasn’t feeling good for a few days I’m just trying to make the tank as best I can for Sidney [​IMG]

5. CrazycoryfishladyWell Known MemberMember

Picked up more plants, added our crayfish, picked up more plants, picked up more plants, made a plan to redecorate a bit again, not yet carried it out, but will rather soon.

Took a new 2 week update video, tank looks so good, fish happy and healthy.
    Will upload here

Added another bacopa
    20190504_092117.jpg
    Added this
    20190502_154202.jpg
    Added crypts
    20190430_164207.jpg
    Added microswords

Waiting on root growth for adequate planting of new plants

Thinking of picking up fluval root tabs
    Is there a better alternative? Only looking for basic stuff not full feeders.
    No plan to dose c02 or EI.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  6. ElkwatcherValued MemberMember

What kind of crayfish are you keeping?

7. CrazycoryfishladyWell Known MemberMember

They're called Cajun Dwarf crays, they're a type of more wild colored CPO I believe.
    I have an unboxing video here.

They've taken well to the tank, enjoy climbing on the plants a lot.

8. ElkwatcherValued MemberMember

That's cool, they sure do stay tiny! Read they don't like copper like shrimp in fert tabs and fish foods. I just got Thrive Liquid for shrimp for my tank, if I wasn't hoping for shrimplet's I'd try this crayfish!