Drain In Living Room????

onwing

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello fellows F.fanatics (F=fish, what were you thinking?),

So I'm in the planning phase to put together a 120g setup. The wall on running into is how to circumvent the situation in event of a tank leaks. I've designed a tank stand that would channel all leaks into a designated container, from there it would pump into a near by drain. Here have 3 option:
  • Using a hose (90 ft, also red color) to route along the wall and onto bathroom tub.
    * This option would give maximum drain capacity if the tank gets a big leak. Biggest downside is the appearance of having a RED water hose edging along your living room and it's quite a tripping hazard.
  • A window is near by, maybe mods it to have a hose pass thru?
    * Well that window is facing the street, so it looks kind of weird seeing a hose protruding from a window.
  • Putting a drain at the corner of the living room (it's right next the the tank).
    * How do you even beginning locating your below ground drain line?
I'm dying to have that 120g up and running. But I can't run the risk of having gallons of water on the floor, which equates to high $$$ house damage repair.

Any help would be AWESOME, thanks.

onwing

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
aussieJJDude said:
Can you drill holes through your walls?
I'm a bit hesitant to drill a hole thru the wall, not too familiar with drywall repairs.

Aqua Hands said:
What about the fish If I may ask. I have a scoop and grab system ready.
Not sure I understand your question. Sarcasm???

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
onwing said:
I'm a bit hesitant to drill a hole thru the wall, not too familiar with drywall repairs.

Not sure I understand your question. Sarcasm???
what is going to happen to the fish when all of the water is gone?

onwing

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Aqua Hands said:
what is going to happen to the fish when all of the water is gone?
I immediate realize the question after I submitted the reply, and was editing, then got an error. If it's not time for them to go, the leak should happen anywhere beside at the bottom. In which case, there should be an inch or so of water left for them to surviving.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom