Dragonfish

cooldude1315

Reaction score
Anyone wanna talk about dragon fish? Tips, tank size, diet, etc.? I'm keeping mine in a saltwater 30 gallon (sorry) and I'm planing on adding a dwarf lion fish.

Lana1049

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Dragonfish are so cool! They are kinda shy, so if I had one I would give it about 75 gallons and a lot of hiding places. I could never get one because they are carnivores, so I wouldn't be able to have my own favorite fish with one.

OP
C

cooldude1315

Reaction score
Lana1049 said:
Dragonfish are so cool! They are kinda shy, so if I had one I would give it about 75 gallons and a lot of hiding places. I could never get one because they are carnivores, so I wouldn't be able to have my own favorite fish with one.
Ya the only reason mines in my 30 and not my 75 is because I'm not sure it could take the 82-83 degrees for my discus.

AWheeler

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have one, he is a whooping 13 1/2 inches now. I keep him in a 55 gal brackish tank. He eats: frozen mysis, frozen cyclops, small cichlid pellets, vegetable wafers, and frozen beef heart. I didn't know they could live in full saltwater though!

OP
C

cooldude1315

Reaction score
APierce said:
I have one, he is a whooping 13 1/2 inches now. I keep him in a 55 gal brackish tank. He eats: frozen mysis, frozen cyclops, small cichlid pellets, vegetable wafers, and frozen beef heart. I didn't know they could live in full saltwater though!
Cool! Also I'm pretty sure that when a fish is brackish it can take full fresh or full salt as long as you give it a long acclimation.

AWheeler

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Most of them are sold as freshwater fish, but they tend to not live long or have a ton of problems in just freshwater. I have actually looked into if you can keep them in saltwater a little bit and never found anything that said you could. I'll have to look a bit further into it. I'd be afraid my clowns would bully him or he'd knock over the live rock or something.
When I first got him, I had him in with my african cichlids....bad move (they beat the heck out of him)

New Threads