5 Gallon Tank Dragon scale betta with tears in tail

BettaBuddies0621

I got a male dragonscale betta from Petsmart about a month ago. He already had a bacterial infection that he has since healed from (yay) but now I’ve noticed tears in his fins/tail. Everyday there seems to be more. He has the tank all to himself, I change the water every week, he only has silk plants. The only thing I could think of is the rock substrate I used..he seems to not be able to see his food so he like crashes into the rocks and then freaks out. Should I switch to sand? Or maybe just quarantine him in a separate tank without anything until it heals?

FoldedCheese

I got a male dragonscale betta from Petsmart about a month ago. He already had a bacterial infection that he has since healed from (yay) but now I’ve noticed tears in his fins/tail. Everyday there seems to be more. He has the tank all to himself, I change the water every week, he only has silk plants. The only thing I could think of is the rock substrate I used..he seems to not be able to see his food so he like crashes into the rocks and then freaks out. Should I switch to sand? Or maybe just quarantine him in a separate tank without anything until it heals?

can you fill out the emergency template and add pictures?

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

What kind of filter you have? Bettas ofteb can get their tails and fins caught in some of them and get tore up.

Also, dragonscale bettas are notorious for having scales grow on their eyes which does affect eye sight.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BellaFriedrick
Replies
Views
Kribensis27
  • Question
Replies
Views