Dragon Goby

username

Valued Member
Reaction score
Could a dragon goby be in the same tank with an oscar?

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would not attempt it.
Most dragon gobies do not live very long in captivity due to the lack of proper live foods.

Dino

adamzieger

Valued Member
Reaction score
they get up to 20" long. and are semi Agrissive. i Seen them at wal-mart today and they had a chart on them
said nothing about tank mates n stuff. it looks like a mean fish, its Worm like. i dont think it would be a good mate with any aggrisve fish oscars like to pick on fish also. only more mean fish then the oscar ide ahve to say is red devil but i think if u keep the dragon in a 30+gal tank by him self he would be okie if u get them good food. i as tempted to get one but i got to many tanks on the go right now.
55gal over stocked.
setting up a new 75 gal tank i got. to get the overstocked one a new start.

Toddnbecka

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dragon gobies are brackish water fish, they won't live long-term in fresh water. As for aggression, they are actually a fairly peaceful critter, an oscar wouldn't be a good tankmate in any case.

username

Valued Member
Reaction score
adamzieger said:
they get up to 20" long. and are semi Agrissive. i Seen them at wal-mart today and they had a chart on them
said nothing about tank mates n stuff. it looks like a mean fish, its Worm like. i dont think it would be a good mate with any aggrisve fish oscars like to pick on fish also. only more mean fish then the oscar ide ahve to say is red devil but i think if u keep the dragon in a 30+gal tank by him self he would be okie if u get them good food. i as tempted to get one but i got to many tanks on the go right now.
55gal over stocked.
setting up a new 75 gal tank i got. to get the overstocked one a new start.
Accually I believe they grow 24". At the wal mart that I go to, it does say that they grow 20" and are compatable with silver dollars, mollies and swordtails, but that surprises me that it says that mollies and swordtails are compatable with them because I could imagine a 24" fish having the ability to eat a molly or a swordtail.

BrianCB

Valued Member
Reaction score
Black Horror said:
Could a dragon goby be in the same tank with an oscar?
I have done this and they picked on him he died a couple of weeks later.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom