Dragon Age, Anyone?

Crafty Cichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm getting into the Dragon Age games, started with Inquisition, trying to get into Origins. Advice?

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Oh my! That’s been forever. Is this the one where you’re the grey warden?

Might need some time on this one. Maybe someone with a better memory will be able to help! Good luck!

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Crafty Cichlid said:
I'm getting into the Dragon Age games, started with Inquisition, trying to get into Origins. Advice?
i still haven't finished origins. i played them backwards: inquisition, then da2, then origins. i breezed through the first two, but i'm at later plot point in origins and just. stopped playing several weeks ago. i dunno. i sort of lost interest.

if you play on pc, i'd recommend using mods! if not, then maybe try making a new character...? some character origins might be more fun than others. mine's a dalish elf. i find it helps to get immersed in the game if you flesh out your character, expanding on their backstory and personality a bit.

unless you meant something else by advice? eep.

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ive start a few gamea but never really get far before i stop playing.

SFGiantsGuy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I like MHW a lot. Used to be a hardcore Destiny 2 fan...and heard that the new DLC (Warmind) is pretty good...

Crafty Cichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My problem with Origins so far, is that it's slow. I'm also a bit spoiled because I'm on Xbone, and it's an early 360 game, so the interfaces and graphics are a turn off. Morrigan is also super annoying, barely dressed, and her dialect is out of place. That makes sense, given her backstory, but her 'twas-es are grating. I still want to see how much groundwork I can lay for the Dragon Age Keep, so my next Inquisitor can save a world I know more intimately.

@Gypsy13 yes, it's the Grey Warden one.

@midna I usually go for elves too. I made a human female mage inquisitor, and I had to delete her; she reminded me of Francine from American Dad, I couldn't take her seriously.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know what you mean. I can just imagine what’s available today. Origins was slow and choppy feeling even back in the day. If that makes sense.

wodesorel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I keep staring at my copy of Inquisition, but I don't know enough about the lore to pick a class. Stupid, but I don't want to have to restart 20 hours in because I came to hate it, ya know?

Crafty Cichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It makes a lot of sense. KOTOR one Xbox was smoother, as were many other similar games for that generation of console

Crafty Cichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
wodesorel said:
I keep staring at my copy of Inquisition, but I don't know enough about the lore to pick a class. Stupid, but I don't want to have to restart 20 hours in because I came to hate it, ya know?
What class do you normally choose? Also, your party will have one of each class, so if you hate your main, just use one of your party members for combat.

I find it impossible to go wrong with rouges/game specific alternatives. High action, good skill sets, and usually most versatile. Trust me, you can't screw that part up. Have fun agonizing over all the other things the game makes you feel ways about things about.

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
yeah, i can see that. i kinda wish i had chosen the mage origin but after inquisition and da2 i wanted to try something different. i'd never played a warrior before, and good god. an unmodded two-handed warrior is soooo slow. i would get maybe one hit in and my party would finish them off as i was trying to swing again lol.

after playing dai first, i definitely feel you about the graphics being a turnoff. it helps if you're not on console but yeah. it's why i started with dai and put off the earlier games. haha, i love morrigan, but i can see why people dislike her. luckily you can easily change her armor to something less revealing and you're not required to interact with her much.

if you like rogues and elves, go with a dual-wield city elf! (if you aren't already.) that origin is supposed to be fun and it's what i'll play next if i get around to it. since dao allows you to use bows and crossbows as well, you can switch between that and dual-wielding. i watch zevran do a lot of damage, but it might be because of his op modded armor and weapons.

@wodesorel my first inquisitors were a rogue archer and a mage! they're pretty fun but i like long-range attacks. i didn't know any lore going into the game either. there's no "right" way to play, and you get to choose one of three different specializations once you reach a certain point which can spice things up.

wodesorel

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I was actually thinking rogue archer! I suck at close combat and my brain moves slow thanks to a few concussions. I prefer to either hang back and support AI companions, or avoid combat entirely and go with stealth. I also always end up being a total klepto in games, for some reason.

Good to know there are options. It just sort of tosses you in at the start and says 'pick one' and it's like 'ummmmm?'.

midna

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
dooo iiiit. you'll love it. i chose a dalish elf hunter for my first playthrough i miss her. the battle system is pretty simple imo and easy to get used to, you don't have to aim or anything. i never used the tactics system once.

Crafty Cichlid

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
wodesorel said:
I was actually thinking rogue archer! I suck at close combat and my brain moves slow thanks to a few concussions. I prefer to either hang back and support AI companions, or avoid combat entirely and go with stealth. I also always end up being a total klepto in games, for some reason.

Good to know there are options. It just sort of tosses you in at the start and says 'pick one' and it's like 'ummmmm?'.
I'm glad my TBIs haven't fogged me (yet) The good thing about rouge, is that even if you go double daggers, the dagger skill set lends itself to stealth attacks. Combining it with the stealth skill set will set you up for massive damage with just two or three main attacks. By the end of the game, I could take out most enemies with just two moves - Twin Fangs, which was more about getting into stealth without spending the stamina to go into stealth mode, then Deathblow, which was almost a 1-hit kill by itself.

The most powerful weapon schematic I've unlocked to date is also a dagger. Done right it's base attack is 535ish, give a rogue two of those and, yeah.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom